Monday, August 13, 2012

MARLEY WEEK!

MARLEY:  Oh My Cod!  The girls declared it to be MARLEY WEEK!  Apparently, they planned it fer like ALL MONTH.  Cuz its my BIRFDAY WEEK.  I totally fergot.  Well, I've only had one before, and the timing is a bit vague to me.  Its not like new stars appear at night or something, and LAST YEAR, TBT told me about it.

I got let OUT!!!  So there will be pictures of my day out all week ...

It started when TBT went out ta do his garden chores this morning and he let Iza out with him.  I was chasing the open door, so he sat down (really) an thought about it.  He's been cautious about us going out because Ayla used to stay out several days and nights.  An when he let me out last year, I watched Ayla an learned how ta get over the big tall fence.

Ayla and I got kept inside for over a year since then.  Iza is allowed out (mostly fer the Garden Tour, but sometimes when TBT is out with her) cuz she is too fat ta get over the fence (and she says she doesn't want to, annyway).

And he says there are practical matters.  Grampa likes to go out on the deck an it takes him a full minute to get in or out sometimes (his feets don't always werk too well).  So TBT decided that if we were pacing around at the open door making OUT movements, he was gonna have to adjust to reality.

And he said it was better iffen I got outside when HE was outside.  And also, since Grampa watches Fox News all day and TBT stays outside a bit more often becuz of that, he wanted some company.  So he made Ayla and I cross-our-hearts-and-stay-in-the-yard-or-become-mousies!

We crossed our hearts.  Actually, we would have ripped each other's ears off to get outside, and we LIKE each other).

Iza came out with me (IZA:  I was instructed ta SCREECH iffen Marley ran fer the fence) to start.  I looked out carefully fer monsters, Vishus Deer, and Evil Skwerls.  I dint see anny, so I went out.  It was GREAT, soft blowy breeze, new smells, no TV sounds, birdie chirps, etc.
Iza said I was sniffin the wrong plants, an nudged me over ta the grass.  I was nervous an hopped back onto the patio.
Where I liked the smell of the lettuce in the planter.  Iza was a bit annoyed and stomped off.  
She pointed out good stuff ta roll around in.  It looked a bit damp!
She came over and said "leave that lettuce alone.  This is a rare chance ta eat some grass and throw it up. That feels good..."  I wasn't sure about THAT!  Iza seems ta like ta throw up, but it seems a bit "violent" ta me.
Meanwhile, Ayla was dithering at the basement doorway.  She was actally RELUCTANT to come OUT with us.  Yes, TBT invited her, too.
Iza finally decided I had spent enough time on the cement patio.  "Time ta go out on the lawn, Big Boy", she snickered...
Well, after she nibbled my leg the 3rd time (IZA:  Three's the charm"), I went out on it.  I had forgotten what it felt like.  All rough and pebbly underpaw,  stuff moved underpaw, and there were TWIGS I hadda keep stepping over!

More tomorrow!


16 comments:

Prancer Pie said...

What a wonderful day out! We're anxious to hear more about this outing and your birthday, Marley. Happy Monday, furriends!

Cheysuli and gemini said...

Oh it must be a great day to be out.

Punapippuri said...

Marley, you major mancat dude! We are so pleased for you. It's your birthday, a whole week of posts so none of this girlcat stuff, AND you got to go out. You know, your TBT is one really cool, thoughtful human and you need to honour that by not legging it and escaping off. But this is so good - I must demand a treat to celebrate.

Katnip Lounge said...

A whole week of Marley!

::Happy Dance::

We can't wait to hear more about your outdoor adventure.

Brian said...

Happy Marley week pal, ya done good!

Random Felines said...

you get a whole week??? geez - we are lucky if mom gets the DAY right. :)

Your backyard looks like fun....

Katie Isabella said...

Happy Marley week! I wish MY mom could be brave and allow me out but then, I'd attack and be attacked by maurauding kitties who come by so maybe it's just as well. XX

ABBY said...

Happy Marley WEEK!!!

We were thrilled for you Marley that you got to go OUTSIDE and check it all out. WE bet you had a great time and we can't wait until tomorrow to hear more about your adventures.

purrs
>^,,^<
✿•*¨`*•. ♥Abby♥Boo♥Ping♥Jinx♥Grace♥✿•*¨`*•.

Eric and Flynn said...

You don't have to step over the twigs Marley, they are fun to play with and for bunny kicking. A whole Marley week is a great idea.

Shaggy and Scout said...

We love the idea of Marley week too! There is so much to sniff and rub scent on, a cat hardly knows what to do first. Shaggy is a grass nibbler & thrower upper too. I just like to pick a spot, settle down and keep watch for that nasty chipmunk that's been bothering us all summer. can't wait for more pictures!
-Scout

Derby, Ducky said...

::sigh:: you got to go outside. Lucky you.

Sparkle the Designer Cat said...

I would be nervous going outside too, so I totally understand!

Cara n Crew said...

Concats on this week of you, Marley! :D yow! a trip outside - very exciting! yak's not all it's cracked up to be, but we think our mom would be disappointed if we ate grass and didn't bomit, mol!

Pip, Smidgen, Minnie, Hollie

Spitty-the-Kitty said...

This is pretty a-citing stuff. I can't wait till tomorrow's installment!

The Cat From Hell said...

Wowwie! Zowwie! Pretty soon yous will be catching mice like Kozmo! Does TBT use a water gun? Mommy and Daddy trained us to stay in the yard using a water gun everytime we went near the fence! Now we don't does that, we stay where we don't gets wet.
Kisses
Nellie

Mark's Mews (Ayla, Iza, and Marley) said...

Marley: What a HORRIBLE idea!

TBT: I'll get a super-soaker gun tomorrow! More portable than the garden hose...

Marley: AAAACCCKKKKK