Sunday, September 23, 2012

A Lovely Camping Date

IZA:  I had SUCH a lovely camping date with Sweet Spittikins!  We caught voles (and Spitty cooked them purrfectly), he joined in Hide and Seek with Marley, Ayla and me, and we had a precious night of napping in the tent together.  He only flinched ONCE when he heard an owl hooting across the street (which is pretty good fer a city King).

Um, Spittikins, you DO know that "what happens in the tent, STAYS in the tent" right?  No "story fer another time" OK?

TBT made me a poster ta hang over my favrit nappin spot:
But I'll probly remember the daisies and the image of him fussing over the vole filets most.  The KING, on his paws, turning the filets and tossing Nip leaves on them.  The light from the charcaol reflecting off his handsome furs...  The glow in his eyes...  The OH!  sorry, I got a bit carried away there.

Annyway, the message I struggled with in my poor French and left as a comment on his blog SHOULD have read:

"It was indeed a Camp of Lovely Snuggles sweet Spittikins.  I never napped better than with your royal head on my tummy.  The daisies were beautiful and I will cherish them until Marley has eaten the last petal!

I was so happy you liked my camping gear.  It is from REI; only the best for a KING!  But I was impressed at how well you cooked the vole filets on the charcoal starter.  It was very resourceful and you have a real talent for outdoors cooking!  And it made my tummy more full and padded (wink, wink).

You did really well at the Hide and Seek game.  Marley has decided you are “OK”, and that is pretty good words from a brother to his sister’s boyfriend!

Hoping we can have further adventures and dates...

Iza Lovey"



16 comments:

Brian said...

Oh my, what a Royal time you had sweet one!

Nerissa said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful time! I never knew Spitty was such a good cook at the BBQ. Wow! He's a cat of many talents, he is. purrs

Katnip Lounge said...

ooooh!! Iza! All the Lady Cats wish they were you...and the Mancats want to taste the vole fillets! Camping sounds like FUN.

Eric and Flynn said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful time Iza. You don't want to rely on "what happens in the tent, STAYS in the tent" though. You now what happened to Prince Harry.

Prancer Pie said...

All the kittehz here are so jealous of that great camping date. Spitty my furriend, you definitely raise the bar!

Spitty-the-Kitty said...

Aw, Eric and Flynn stole my line about Prince Harry! No, my sweet, you know your Spitty never Kisses and Tells! It was a great night, though, wasn't it?

Oh, and thanks for this lovely picture too. I'll burn it into my memory just like your farewell Tummy Flash this morning XOXOXO

The Island Cats said...

Iza, we're glad you had a great time camping...that Spitty sure knows how to treat a ladycat.

Cory said...

Whoa Iza, what a pawsome camping date you had with Spitty. He's a flirt so be careful my furriend.

Sweet Purrfections said...

We think we're still too young to know what happened in the tent.

(A)FSS and Alasandra said...

Wow Iza it sounds as if you had a wonderful romantic camping trip with Spitty. You can relax the Daisies didn't come from our house, so we won't have to send Fenris after him.

Oui Oui said...

Did Spitty bring his pink bed?

Derby, Ducky said...

So you had a night of......Iza? Glad you had fun.

The Cat From Hell said...

Mes is laughing! Spitty is a inside cat! Hes would not know a vole from a mole!
Kisses
Nellie

Andrea and the Celestial Kitties said...

Sounds like you two had a lovely time! Only flinched once though? I'm impressed!

Punapippuri said...

The interwebs are aflame with romance. But Iza make sure that Spitty stays true to you as he has been known for his wandering paws. It might take more than a tummy flash to keep him in place.
We hope the vole fillets were to your liking - we never eat voles as they taste yucky. Now give us a mouse instead....

Shaggy and Scout said...

What a wonderful time!!!!