Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Earning My Treats...

IZA:  Ok, OK, I gave in.  There is SOMETHIN about Grampa I like.  He doesnt move a lot, he has a gentle hand, and (how can I say this right?).

He lives here, and that matters.  I need to deal with him, and as a Tonky, I love Beins.  Its in the blood.  So tonight, I took the Big Leap.  Onto his lap, that is.

 It wasnt the best lap I've been on.  His legs are apart and both feet on the floor, so there is no lap-cup, iffen ya know what I mean.  But he was happy about me gettin up there, and THATS a good start.

I did the usual circle, and found enough support to settle on.  A small pillow would have helped some, but ya cant allus have a mousie in the food bowl, ya know?  I curled up fer a good hour and Grampa stroked me "reasonably" well.

We both fell asleep at about the same time, so I guess I did good.  Pictures follow...



We are BOTH sleepyheads...

I may do this again.  Grampa doesnt squirm like TBT does.

13 comments:

Deven said...

It's funny how you find what you like sort of by accident. Now you have a whole new realm to explore, sweet girl.

(A)FSS and Alasandra said...

It looks like Iza and Grandpa may have formed a special bond.

Sparkle the Designer Cat said...

Iza, a non-squirmy human is a priceless gift... I say as a kitty who does NOT have one!

William said...

How sweet!

Andrea and the Celestial Kitties said...

Aww, I'm so glad you finally decided that he's family and therefore is sleep-on-able! And now you have a new nap buddy!

ABBY said...

Iza you are so sweet.

purrs
>^,,^<
✿•*¨`*•. ♥Abby♥Boo♥Ping♥Jinx♥Grace♥✿•*¨`*•.

Shaggy and Scout said...

That is precious! That kind of contact is important for old folks. We bet you've been eying that lap for a while & sizing it up before you made the big leap of faith.

Derby, Ducky said...

A lap to snuggle on is a good thing.

The Island Cats said...

Iza, we think you made your grandpa very happy. :)

Oui Oui said...

Iza, it looks like a nice warm lap, but does he snore? Its sort of like people purring but a lot louder.

Spitty-the-Kitty said...

Oh Iza, I loves you even more now. These pictures make the Human a little bit leaky, cause she thinks you are such a good and loving girl (I mean, *I* already knew that!)

Punapippuri said...

Äiti says this is a most precious moment and one TBT will treasure deep in his heart.

Katie Isabella said...

I am like Spitty...I love you even more too and my mom was smiling so big all the way through. Especially when you both succumbed and went to sleep. xoxoxox