Monday, November 19, 2012

Monday Meowing

AYLA:  *sigh*  OK, I admit it.  I SHOULDNT have done it.  I "helped" Iza write what must be (I then did hope) the WORST romantical poem of ALL time just to play a trick on her...

I should have known better!  There is NO SUCH THING as an awful romantical poem.  The value is in the intent, not the quality.  Iza meant every GOOD THOUGHT of her poem (that I messed up as much as possible) with feelings of love.  Never mind the (rather creepy) "my love is like a crippled mouse"  or the "lawn is dead and sere" stuff that I slipped in.  Oh c'mon, she BOUGHT that?

Even I was shocked!

So now I am embarassed.  I played on Izas emotions.  It was like picking goldfishies out of an open crowded tank.  The truly embarrassing thing is that she STILL doesn't quite unnerstand what I did.  Shes only angry in the most vague sense that I did SOMETHING, but she isnt quite sure what.

Iza is a simple soul.  Iffen she was a Bein, she would (according to deep discussions I have had with TBT the past 2 nights) be an "Earth-Mother hippie who trusts everyone and doesn't even comprehend the idea of tricks".  Such a sweet innocent does not deserve that kind of trick...

So it was very nice that Spitty came over yesserday and cuddled with her a while, telling her how much he liked getting a love poem from here (and glaring at me several times).


We all slept together after dinner.  Iza didn't mind at ALL (though I DID stay close ta Marley). 
I dint push a glass of water over on her either.  Ive decided ta be nice ta her fer a while...

18 comments:

Brian said...

I think being nice is the very nice choice!

Random Felines said...

being nice to her (for a while) might be a good idea.

Shaggy and Scout said...

Good thing to make nice. You DO have to live with her so its best not to rock the boat too much (or the cat tree...whatever!)

Katnip Lounge said...

Spitty is kinda a twisted kitty...he prolly loved the crippled mouse comparison! But it's better to be safe and be nice.
Sometimes.

Jacqueline said...

Adorable photo...We think Nice is always the way to go, lovely Ayla, although we agree with Katnip Lounge=we think Spitty loved it!!...Happy holiday week ahead, precious friends...xoxo...Calle, Halle, Sukki

Mariodacat said...

I think you should make nice for a couple of days myself to make up for the mean trick you pulled. You both are so cute that it's hard to stay mad at you for longer than 2 minutes tho.

ABBY said...

Being nice is always a good thing.

Sparkle the Designer Cat said...

Ayla, I get the feeling you are contrite... until next time!

Eric and Flynn said...

Yup, best to be nice but we are not sure that it's going to last.

Derby, Ducky said...

Nice will work until after Santa Paw comes.

The Island Cats said...

We're glad to hear you're back on Iza's good side.

Nerissa said...

So very glad you decided not to push that glass of water over your sister after all. purrs

Punapippuri said...

Now this is a FIRST. I have learnt something new here. it is possible for a girlcat to have a conscience! Ayla, this is a most honourable thing to have done. To fess up to the whole wide billion blogosphere of the innerwebs. And to apologise for those rhymes for a start. Some were truly unforgivable. Lucky you live with a hippy dippy earth mother who can forgive you! But fair play, you apologised - that's brownie points in my book.
PS Just what is 'sere' ?

The Cat From Hell said...

What a wonderful and forgiving a cat is Iza! Yous must loves her for that!
Kisses
Nellie

Andrea and the Celestial Kitties said...

Earth mother hippie? But she looks like such a classy lady! Of course, so do you, and by your own admition, you're a touch ornery.. hee hee

Katie Isabella said...

I love reading that you have repented your action on Iza's sweet self. That shows that while Iza would have been embarrassed if she could comprehend what you did, that she is a sweet soul and you are one with a conscience.

Pretinha said...

A bad poem ends with romance, better start again. Do not be discouraged!

Rykers Boyz n Allie said...

FaRADaY: *sigh* Ayla, you caved. You totally caved. *shakes head*

Allie: *glares at Faraday* Ignore the Brat. When you pull pranks, the best thing for you to do is to *looks meaningfully at Faraday* APOLOGIZE.

Maxwell: oh, I'm SO staying out of this....