Saturday, December 08, 2012

Bye, Bye Birdy...



MARLEY: 
I caught a birdie yesserday!  I jumped out of the bushes and landed on it hiding in the ivy.  I grabbed it in my mouf and brought it out onto the open lawn.  [TBT: Its true, I saw him do it]

But when I tried to get it unner my paws it got away and flew over the dead area in the corner where there are just leafs.  So I pawed around through the leafs fer an hour, but I couldn't find it again.  So I had a GREAT idea!

I went back to where I caught it to see iffen it was still there. I werked through THAT spot fer another hour.  I was really surprised it wasn't there.  I mean, thats where it was to BEGIN with.  It SHOULD have been there again...

 




















AYLA:  Poor Marley.  He thinks that same birdie was at the original spot.  What he SHOULD have been lookin for was a DIFFERNT birdie at the same spot!  You know what they say "Fevver birdies flock together", so iffen ONE birdie liked that spot, others should too, Duh!


 




















IZA:  I'll just wait fer one of them to bring a birdie (or mousie, who cares?) up on the deck and rush out an grab it.

18 comments:

Brian said...

Don't give up, go look again! Tis the season to catch birdies!!!

Shaggy and Scout said...

Check the Pear Tree....that's where the birdies hide this time of year.

Katnip Lounge said...

Gotta say we are liking Iza's technique best!

Fuzzy Tales said...

Oh, bad luck there, Marley! We think you might do better next time...Just don't let it get away! And don't bring it up onto your deck while Iza's around. :-p

Eric and Flynn said...

Bad luck Marley, but don't worry, he'll probably be back another day.

Cara n Crew said...

Great work, Marley! Yeah...we'll wait with Iza... :D

Pip, Smidgen, minnie, Hollie

Rykers Boyz n Allie said...

Maxwell: Marley, dood. I'm just impressed you got to go out to catch one! Only Allie gets that privelege over here. Momma mutters something abotu being "responsible". *cough*

Prancer Pie said...

Sounds like that birdie got out of trouble by the skin of his teeth! MOL! If he's smart, he won't be back.

Derby, Ducky said...

You caught a real live fevver? We can only watch them from inside.

Sparkle the Designer Cat said...

Ayla and Iza, you two can play Monday Morning Quarterback all you want but bottom line: Marley got the bird and you two caught nothin'!

Spitty-the-Kitty said...

Wow. You guys is killers over there! I wish *I* had stuff to kill, besides the occasional bug that is.

Come over later, Iza-lovey, and read about our first little spin in the FURRari.

The Island Cats said...

Marley, we know another birdie is gonna come along and you'll get it next time!!!

Mariodacat said...

Go back and look again. I'll bet he's there by now.

Daisy said...

Marley, once you find a good bird-spot you are smart to keep to that area.

Pretinha said...

Marley Good hunting!

Eric and Flynn said...

We have posted our Blog of the Year award which you gave us and are sending a star back to you, so now you have 5.

michico*Adan said...

You are very good!!
We can't find any birdie here.

The Cat From Hell said...

Me HATES it when that happens!
Kisses
Nellie