Monday, December 10, 2012

Skeeter - On His Fifth Bridge Day

TBT here:  I found this in my treasure chest a few days ago.

When Skeeter was just a kitten,  I saw an offer from SweetTarts to get a card and wallet for a "kid".  Naturally, I went for it.  There was a "Club Card":



And a wallet that was a mix of blue and pink for all kids.  I still have it. The pink has faded a bit...



It was sent to "Skeeter Spencer", the first time I thought of my cats having a last name.

I miss you, Skeeter.  Every day.  Tears leak when I think of you.  LC missed you too.  Ayla , Iza, and Marley are good cats and they love me (and I love them), but no cat will match you from your time.  They sure do a good job of doing their best, though.  You would love them all now and will admire them and love to be with them when their time comes to cross the Bridge to join you and LC in play and napping among the sunpuddles and flowers.

The Family has to stay together...  I'll join you and LC and the past kitties and all one day myself.  What a wonderful grand reunion that will be...

I will lay myself down in the wildflower meadow and you will all crowd on me.  But you will have the prime spot and they won't mind, because they will understand...  And we will all be happy together.

Four years, and not a day goes by without my thoughts of you...

Special among all cats...  Of all I've met and all I've known...  16 years was not enough.  Miss you. Love you.

20 comments:

Sparkle the Designer Cat said...

Your post made my human miss the cat before me, who has been gone since February 2002. Actually, she misses her every day, really. Purrs to you today.

A few Good Cats said...

Thinking of you, and Skeeter, on this sad anniversary...

Fenris and the Cats said...

What a lovely tribute to Skeeter.

Punapippuri said...

This is a beautiful, moving tribute. The love so obviously lives on.

Spitty-the-Kitty said...

Aww, TBT, Skeeter was your special Boy! The post made my Human think about Mr. Teeth, her Most Specialest ManCat ever, and the one she will look for first when she gets to the Bridge herself. I don't mind, though, because I know she loves me too, and I was pretty hard to love. XOXOXO

KitKat said...

We loved Skeeter and LC too. We know how hard anniversaries are. Normie left for the bridge four years ago in February two months before his human daddy passed away.
Angel Normie, Mika, Sasha & Grady Lewis

Brian said...

Hugs and purrs from all of us. Such a loving tribute to your special boy.

Cheysuli and gemini said...

That is a wonderful tribute to Skeeter.

Katnip Lounge said...

{{hugs}} and headbutts from all of us at the Lounge. Mommy says it's so hard to lose a Heart Kitty like Skeeter.

Random Felines said...

what a wonderful tribute....we know he is watching over you

Pretinha said...


They are so small, but they occupy a space as big in our hearts!

Maxwell, Faraday and Allie said...

Our mommy totally understands. Ryker was that for her....

Shaggy and Scout said...

TBT you have mom crying now over Scooby and her bestest ever cat from when she was a girl, Chom Chom.
Skeeter was a cat among cats thats for sure. That is such a beautiful picture of him with the flowers.
(((hugs)))

ABBY said...

TBT those were very special words and feeling for a very special cat. Our heart kitties are indeed more than words can describe. You keep Skeeter alive with remembering him so well.

Eric and Flynn said...

That is a beautiful tribute to Skeeter. It has given our mum leaky eyes. She sends you hugs. We send you gentle purrs and headbutts.

Derby, Ducky said...

::sniff, sniff:: we miss Skeeter too, good ginger boy!

The Island Cats said...

That Skeeter was something. Purrs to you....

Oui Oui said...

A very bittersweet post. Our eyes leak too when we think of our kitties who came before. It doesn't matter how long they are gone, it always hurts. I imagine the hurt will finally go away the day we see them again.

Jan's Funny Farm said...

Doesn't seem it's been that long. How well we remember Skeeter!

The Cat From Hell said...

What a great post! Me misses my Hissy Old Licoice and Mommy says she will never forget her Genghis Cat!
Thanks for the memories
Kisses
Nellie