Friday, January 25, 2013

The Vet

MARLEY:  I hadda go to the VET again wensday (I waited til today for respect of the crocus in Garden Tour Thursday).  Im a good boy and try not to complain, but Wensday was awffuller than usual.

See, TBT usally puts the PTU out early so we can panick and hide and get over it til he picks us up all unsuspectinglike hours later.  And he is good at putting the PTU on the cat tree some we cant push it back AND there is no place to stand in front.

But he messed up this time.  He went SHOPPING first.  He FORGOT the VET thing!  Normally, that would be a GOOD THING, but he came home just in time to remember.  So the PTU came out SUDDENLY and we all ran.  I hid UTB.  He told me firmly that he dint have TIME for that so I hid best.

He closed the bedroom door and shoved a MOP UTB and when I finally ran out to the door (trying to grab the openy-thing) he grabbed me.  And he had the PTU just sitting on the table.

I was able ta push it away as he tried to shove me (gently guide him) into it.  Which upset him...  So he opened the top, and I wasn't going in THAT way either!  In fact, I twisted around in his arms and laid a good couple of claws into his neck!!!  Not deep, but I did get some blood.

Unfortunately, that meant I was on my back, so he could shove me (set him down gently) into the PTU.  But then he couldnt let GO of me and close the top without my claws getting him.

He is UNBELIEVABLY SNEAKY!  He was still wearing his outside jacket, so he pulled one hand up into the sleeve and held me down with that until he got the OTHER hand up into the sleeve and while he pressed me down with one handless unclawable sleeve he put the top down and slid the FIRST unclawable sleeve out as he shut it. 

I usally love him dearly, but sometimes he is DESPITABLE!  I mean, he does NOT fight fair...  I had all 4 paws-of-claws up and I couldnt do anything useful in my defense.  He should at LEAST make his flesh available!


So off we went (TBT fergot his camera fer once).  I yelled better than usual on the way cuz I was so  agitately, ya know?  I got carried into the VET office and they brought me in.  I got pulled out the top (mousie-curses on those top-opening PTUs!) and set down on the cold metal table.  The VET helper went to prepare the shot (this was all just for a shot, not the full routine, apparently) which is #2 of 3, so I can go outside again.

I was there on the cold metal table alone with TBT so ya know what I did?  I attacked him all claws went to him and hid my face in his armpit and shivered.  An ya know what HE did (still bleeding slightly)?  He comforted me, told me it would be OK, made those little tongue-click noises at me, stroked my furs, promised we would be home soon, said I would get extra treats, and surrounded me with those weerd long arms gently.

What else could I do but calm down?

A few minutes later the VET came in (a replacement LADY VET) and held me a minute.  Gee, she is softer than Dr Jeffrey!  I got weighed, got looked at and felt up and unner (teef, heart bumps, guts).  Then got my shot.  No temperature thing thing this time (thank cod).

I RAN into the PTU as soon as I was released!  When we got home, I got lots of treats and then ran and hid fer days (about an hour).  And we ALL got fed early.

Ive had better days, but I was home safe and sound once more.

20 comments:

Karen Jo said...

You had a scarey day, Marley, but I am glad that you are safe home again and full of treats and everything is OK.

Spyro

Sparkle the Designer Cat said...

Wow, that was a lot of drama for one shot! I am glad it is over with!

Prancer Pie said...

Wow! That's terrible and we're glad it's over. (again) It will be worth it to go outside. Sounds like you and TBT earned an easy Caturday. MOL!

William said...

OMC, that sounds as bad as what happened to Pee Queen this week! Actually, worse! At least my mom had the troll box out early enough so we could inspect it. (But Pee told me that the not-our-usual vet tried to "help" her out of the box by aggressively tipping it and practically beheading her with the door in the process! Mom was quite unhappy about that action, so it was bad all the way around.)

Sweet Purrfections said...

We're happy to hear it was only a routine visit and that you were okay. Those vet visits can be upsetting. Although Brulee is making all of us look bad by actually enjoying it.

Andrea and the Celestial Kitties said...

Poor poor Marley! It sounds like both you and TBT had a heck of a time, but I'm glad it all worked out and you got comforted. Only one more shot and you get to get all the mousies out there that you want, right? Sounds like a pretty good deal!

Punapippuri said...

Oh Marley we feel for you, buddy. You did so well, and TBT didn't fight fair. But we thinks he feels bad about that too. Hope you milked him for all the treats in the cupboard.

The Furries of Whisppy said...

Sounds like you and TBT had quite the adventure! Glad you are home now and probably napping off those extra treats!

Brian said...

I feel bad for you pal, but the best thing about going to the Vet is leaving!

Random Felines said...

the horror......we aren't sure there are enough extra treats to make up for that!!

Katnip Lounge said...

aaiieeeeeeeeee!!!!!

Poor Marley, that is HORRILIBUS! How brave you were to fight, and how perfidious of TBT with that dirty jacket trick. May Ling says our Daddy's armpit has special calming powers, too. In fact, Mommy can tell when she's had her head buried in it!

Pretinha said...

Marley que dia difícil!

Shaggy and Scout said...

Marley, what an adventure! We are glad you are still alive & meowing and able to tell us about these indignities.

Eric and Flynn said...

That sounds like a terrible ordeal Marley. We are glad you are back home safe and sound and full of treats.

Derby, Ducky said...

Sorry you had such a skeery vet visit. We don't like it either. Glad you are home and up to date on the rooster shots.

The Island Cats said...

Oh Marley, I can so relate! I had to go to the vet on Monday. And all I can say is that I'm glad that's over now!!!

Ernie

Maxwell, Faraday and Allie said...

Oh we agree about the despicable thing - and the not-fighting-fair thingy. ANd we surely do hopes you has your 'puter up adn running again!!

The Cat From Hell said...

Oh Marley!
What a horrible, rotten, no good, furry bad day! Me is glad it was not too traumatic.
Kisses
Nellie

Spitty-the-Kitty said...

Oh Marley, we know we should not laff at your terrible horrible no-good very bad day, bit it was . . . hilarious! *I* (Spitty) and SO proud of you for fighting like the Mighty ManCat that you are and it was only because TBT did not fight fair that you lost the Battle of the PTU. That Battle will live in the annals of the Blogopsphere for many centuries to come and great Epic Poems will be written about the blood that flowed on that day.

Good job, Dude.

Oh, and sorry about your computer. It was prolly TBT who spilled the drink, huh?

Cory said...

Oh Marley, what an ordeal! I had to go to the vet recently and I had to stay there ALL DAY! You got off easy, with TBT staying with you and comforting you. Glad you are ok, but next time tell TBT to give you fair warning. Tell him I said that.

xoxo Cory