Thursday, January 10, 2013

V-E-T Time Again!

MARLEY:  Ooh, it was that awful time again yesserday afternoon!  I saw the PTU set on the cat tree and immediately STOOD MY GROUND slunk into the bedroom.  When TBT came to get me a hour later I HISSED AND CLAWED went limp quietly.

Well, OK, Im too laid-back to cause a fuss, but I DID fight against getting put in there.  I spread my legs and claws wide.  But that sneaky TBT, he just folded me up like a sausage and slid me right in!

I wasnt so anxious to get back out at the V-E-T office...  But he is good at THAT part, too.

I got weighed (11 pounds 14 ounces - 5.4 kilo), temperatured (yuck), and stabbed 3 times!  At least I dint get stuff in my nose this year.

TBT forgot the camera.  Yay!  He has an unheathy desire to document the temperature-taking.  I bet it wouldnt amuse him so much if it was HIM!  So I am posting a picture of my first years visit (a nice one).  Dr Jeffrey is just listening to my heart.
When I got home, I got some special treats, so that was good.  But TBT says I have to go back in 2 weeks fer another shot, and 2 weeks after THAT fer a ANOTHER one.  Somethin about cuz I go outside these days.  I suppose its worth it iffen it means that I can get out an play with the mousies...

But this means that Ayla and Iza have to go soon, heh-heh. 

19 comments:

Sparkle the Designer Cat said...

Ugh, that was no fun, Marley! I had a vet visit too recently and I was anemic! So I have to take this stupid pills.

The Furries of Whisppy said...

You had 3 injections? Wow. That's a lot for ONE visit!

Mark's Mews (Ayla, Iza, and Marley) said...

Yeah, one in each hip and one in the right shoulder! I dint do a lot of runnin around when I got back home...

Im just fine now, though. Been outside an evrything this morning. ~ Marley

Fenris and Family said...

Well @ least TBT didn't take a DOG with you. Tuiren tagged along on our vet visit. It is very rude to allow a dog to watch while the vet takes our temperatures and gives us shots. ~Scylla & Socks (the mistreated cats)

Andrea and the Celestial Kitties said...

Aww, poor Marley! You deserved those treats, and more! I hope you got some good scritches outta the deal too!

ABBY said...

Oh Marley those kinda visits are no fun!

Shaggy and Scout said...

Pretty good visit 'cept for those shots. You got treats out of it. That just shows you how guilty TBT felt about putting you through it. If you manage to look sad about the shots, like they are still owies, you could possibly milk the treats a bit longer....

Eric and Flynn said...

You got folded up like a sausage?? We get stuffed in the PTU and any bits that are hanging out get poked in too. Those shots sound like no fun.

michico*Adan said...

Although seeing vet is not funny,
but still good of all of us, right?

Derby, Ducky said...

We don't go outside, so we get less shots.

The Island Cats said...

Oh Marley...aren't you glad that's over for this year??

Oui Oui said...

Poor Marley! We are purring for you! We don't go until the hots come, so no worries for the moment.

Mr Puddy said...

MOL..Sorry Marley, I have to laugh ! TBT folded you up like a sausage..Ha..Ha..Ha.
But you are lucky than me ! After VET is TREATS TIME ! I got nothing ! Evil Doctor told mom to put me on Diet...It's SUCK !

The Cat From Hell said...

Marley! Has yous gots hints for Koszmo! He has to gets in the next couple of weeks!
Kisses
Nellie

Cara n Crew said...

Marley, we can just picture you being folded like a sausage :) We're glad you had a good check-up. we hope all your future jabs will go smoothly.

psst! Ayla, Iza...hide!

Pip, Smidgen, Minnie, Hollie

Prancer Pie said...

Whew, we're glad that's over for now. We understand spreading out your legs and claws but we've yet to be "folded like a sausage". Mommy wants to know if there is a tutorial on this. MOL!

Spitty-the-Kitty said...

Again? And AGAIN??? Well, I guess you don't have any important bits left for then to take, so oh well. But it's a pity they keep stabbing you.

Katie and Glogirly said...

Ugh. I HATE going to the Vet. They even have a "mark" on my file. (truth be told, I'm kinda proud of it.)
; ) Katie

Pretinha said...

Em breve nós também vamos fazer a nossa visita anual ao veterinário.