Sunday, May 05, 2013

I Was A Bad Boy

MARLEY:  TBT opened the deck door around 8 pm yesterday to let the cool air in, knowing the screen door was closed, so we could get cool whiffies.  Guess what, the screen door wasnt!  I was out like a shot.  Hey, I have always wanted ta be out at night and I saw my chance.  TBT immediately went out after me, calling to me calmly but I kept walking away from him.  After a few minutes, he decided to leave me alone, knowing I would get hungry and come back in.

I didnt, and around 1 am, he started looking and calling for me seriously.  I heard him!  I just dint wanna come back in.  I heard him walking the streets and calling, but I was busy hunting (and catching) mousies.  He was even shaking the treat jar, but what is a treat worth compared to a warm squeeking mousie?

He finally gave up around 3 pm.  I know cuz I watched how far the moon moved.  Ayla told me today that he said bad werds and finally tossed himself into bed after giving her and Iza good foods.  But I was OUT of the yard in the dark an loving it.  I wandered even farther than TBT did searching fer me.  But I know where home is so I went back right after he did.  MOL, if he had turned around a couple times, he would have seen me.

It did get a bit uncomfy later.  I could hear owls calling about looking fer food, and it got kinna chilly outside.  But Im a healthy young mancat and wasnt cold or scared.  It JUST so happens I decided to sleep unner the low deck not having ANNYTHING to do with the owls who mistakenly think that we cats look a lot like rabbits!  Complete coincidence...
Annyway, I was a bit happy to hear TBT open the deck door around 10 am.  I was getting a bit tired of napping on the cold ground with those annoying ever-wandering ants.  One of them even BIT me!  So I went marching right inside, demanded treats when TBT picked me up (I don't really like being held) and them went and slept on the warm waterbed all day.

Later in the afternoon, TBT opened the door (casting a baleful eye in my direction) for Ayla an Iza.  I walked out on the deck fer a few minutes, but went back in fer more stinky goodness and nappin (in my cat tree cubbyhole this time) and ignored the open deck door.
Indoors is good.

You know, owls are a bit worrisome.  I saw one smash down in the back yard while I was unner the low deck and heard a terrible screechin sound.  A rabbit or mebbe a skwerl.  Bigger than a mousie, annyway.  Something more like my size annyway.  Hmmm...  I was glad fer the low deck.  Not that I was scared, mind you.  Just innerested.  Not innerested enough ta go out and look mind you.  But I think I will stay inside after dark.  Just sayin its a bit "differnt" out there at night...

18 comments:

Sparkle the Designer Cat said...

Marley, if I had been stuck outside like that, I would have been scared to death! I think you were actually quite brave. But I get the feeling you won't be doing that again any time soon!

Fuzzy Tales said...

Marley, our human would have been beside herself! We, too, think you were brave (we'd love to be outside at night), but we're not sure about those owls. They sound a bit worrisome to us...So we're glad you're inside now and safe!

Punapippuri said...

Marley, you are a brave, brave mancat. We are so impressed. The whole night outdoors! Well done.
but we know what you mean about big birds, and we have loads of owls in Finland (North) so we are interested in what type of owls you have which hunt in the yard. Some of the big ones are total monsters!
Much respect to you!

Megan said...

Oh Marley - I'm sure you worried TBT terribly. I imagine that he was very distraught that you hadn't come home. I do think you should apologise to him. Perhaps if it happens again, you could invite him to join you on your jaunt.

Megan
Sydney, Australia

Cory said...

*eyes big* Owls??? Screeching and swooping down from the sky in the dark after tender morsels like.....*gulp* you?

I'm so glad you are back inside Marley.

Mariodacat said...

Yikes - TBT must have been very worried bout you. One of M's other kitties (long time ago) snuck out and was gone overnight. M slept on the sofa with the windows open so she would be sure to hear Tinkerbell when she came home. Thankfully, she came home and was okay - but M was very very worried.

Oui Oui said...

Oui Oui pulled this little trick when the furnace guy came last month. They HEAR you, they probably SEE you but its like they don't exist! Its maddening! Thankfully Marley had a nice safe place to sleep, although maybe a little cold. It probably won't stop him from doing it again, I bet.

The Cat From Hell said...

Bwaa!! Haa!! Haa!!
Marley, yous is a cat from hell!
Kisses
Nellie

Brian said...

Now Mr. Marley, you know that could have ended badly with those owls being hungry!

Daisy said...

Oh Marley, I am sorry to say this, but you done Wrong! I'm just glad you are home safe and sound.

Katie Isabella said...

Marley--- NO NO NO NO NO NO! And NO!

Tina T-P said...

Marley - You, like my George, (who stayed out all night by himself last week), are a knucklehead. I'm sure you gave TBT some heart sadness to not have you inside and safe - I agree with Megan - next time, invite TBT to come with you. T.

Andrea and the Celestial Kitties said...

Oh boy... Silly boy! Stay inside where the food is plentiful and the beds are soft! A little fun during the day is fine, but at night, yikes, not so much!

Sweet Purrfections said...

Marley! You scared us! We're glad you're back inside where it's safe.

The Island Cats said...

Marley, that was quite an adventure you had, but seriously, we think you should come inside when TBT calls you.

michico*Adan said...

Oah man we are so happy you are home safe~~~~
That is really scary to your bean~

Spitty-the-Kitty said...

Marley, Marley, Marley...You was a furry norty boy, Pal. You gots to come when TBT calls or you might find yourself stuck inside most of the time!!

Say, you kids have really torn up that Ess, MOL!

Alasandra, The Cats and Dogs said...

Sigh Marley you were very bad. But sometimes it is fun to play outside in the darks, but we all has to watch out for owls excepting for Fenris. (sigh) he doesn't have to watch out for anything. Kinda nice when he is outside when we escapes cause he keeps a good look out for us. But last time I escaped at night the tattle tell Fen told Mommy and she came gotted me right away. I snuck out a screen window I kinda tore up. ~Socks