Friday, July 26, 2013

Freaky Friday

AYLA:  TBT says my efforts to catch insects on the outside of the deck door is "freaky"!  I call it "practice".  But Iza and especially Marley say Im a bit freaky about it and HIS opinion matters to me a lot.  So I'll worry about THAT tomorrow.

KATYDIDS!  I LOVE them.  They are jumpy, chompy, an colorful.  I seldom see them outside, so I gotta try and catch them when I DO see them!  I don't care if I cant catch them when inside, I just HAVE to go after them.

Iza (and even Marley) are just mostly jealous cuz I can stand up like this.
Even bendy-over whappin the glass...
But I have to follow the katydid down the glass.
Not a flatterin pose, but TBT admired how I can do the whippy-tail an not move the rest of me.  So I allowed it.  My whippy-tail is a important part of me.
The katydid crawled into a, um, bar on the door.  I am showin ya where it is.  See the distance between my ears.  Now look that far more down.  Its a pale green angle-thingie.  Did I get myself positioned right fer that TBT?  Yes?  Good.  Ears are good ta measure with fer the camera.
Now its moved farther over.  Oh now theres a moth to look at too.  
Oh no, come back katydid, I dint mean to ignore ya fer the moth!  Come back.

Drat, no more katydid.  I insulted it by moth-distraction...  *sigh*

16 comments:

Punapippuri said...

We are glued to you being glued to the window. You have some pretty neat moves there. Ignore anyone who says this is freaky - we are really impressed.

Punapippuri said...

We are glued to you being glued to the window. You have some pretty neat moves there. Ignore anyone who says this is freaky - we are really impressed.

ABBY said...

Ayla
you did a find job of tracking that katydid!

Brian said...

Good hunting, at least for a while!!!

Fisher and Staff said...

Be careful not to overeat if you find lots of these things.

Sometimes, Cats Herd You said...

That looks like fun, Ayla!

Sparkle the Designer Cat said...

I think TBT should bring in a katydid just for you to play with, Ayla! I wonder what Iza and Marley would think of that?

Katie and Glogirly said...

That's one of the few things that distracts Waffles away from my you-know-what. He goes NUTS for the flying bugs outside the glass door.
; ) Katie

The Island Cats said...

You'll get it next time, Ayla, we know it!

Derby, Ducky said...

Good bug hunting!

TK and Pip said...

You are such a beautiful girl, Ayla! Bugs are good fun.

Prancer Pie said...

You're so beautiful Ayla, we seriously doubt anyone is looking at the katydid!

The Furries of Whisppy said...

You're so pretty Ayla, we think the Katydid and Moth are there to soak in your beauty!

Sweet Purrfections said...

Mom Paula says as long as those critters stay outside, we can play with whatever critter we want to.

Shaggy and Scout said...

Chasing bugs from the other side of the glass is like chasing after that darn red dot. Fun, but ultimately unsatisfying.

Flynn said...

That looks like lots of fun. I could see it where you said it was.