Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Mancat Monday On Tuesday

MARLEY:  I have discovered - FROGS!!!  The little pond is FULL of them.
I had been noticing some things jumping into the pond while I walked around the plants near the pond searchin fer mousies, but I could never quite figure out what they were, and when I did stop to sniff one, they werent warm like little critters OUGHT to be.
But the other day, finding no mousies, I decided to investigate the cold jumpy things more carefully.  After all, they DO move (even if a bit oddly), so there might be something to them.  After I studied their jumping patterns, I grabbed a couple and carried them away from the pond to see iffen they were good ta play with.
There ARE!  Ya gotta poke them in the butt a few times ta get them ta hop, but they are good fer chasin and grabbin again fer a few minnits.  After that, they just scrunch themselfs up tight and lay there all grumpy-like.
The legs are a bit tasty, but thats about all there is ta eat on them.  Still, they are fun ta catch.

TBT told me what they were when he saw I caught a couple, an he said they were LC's favrit toys.  That was neat ta learn!  Mebbe I'll get TBT ta take some pictures so you all can see what ta look for around ponds.

BTW, when ya pick them up in yer mouf, get them by the head.  They pee when grabbed!  I discovered that the hard way...

17 comments:

Kjelle Bus said...

Thanks for the tip about grabbing them from the front :)

Sparkle the Designer Cat said...

It's the same way with toads, the land version of those frogs - they pee when you pick them up too. My human learned that when she was a kid! I bet they are fun to play with otherwise.

Random Felines said...

you all have the coolest backyard!!! we gotta find us some of those jumpy things.

Brian said...

WOW Marley, you are gonna be having a hopping good time now!

ANGEL ABBY said...

Marley gotta try some frog legs!

Flynn said...

We don't get frogs where we live but we get toads instead. They are not fun to play with because if you try to taste them they make your mouth go frothy and taste ewwww! I think I would like to try a frog.

Shaggy and Scout said...

Poke 'em in the butt to get going....that's what mom has to do with dad sometimes.

Megan said...

You were very clever to figure out how to catch them and carry them away and that the legs are the best bits to eat. Looking forward to seeing the pics.

Megan
Sydney, Australia

Derby, Ducky said...

Did you get frog pee in your mouth Marley? Mum says frog legs taste like chick-hen. So will TBT fix some for you?

The Indulged Furries said...

Eww, don't eat the little froggies. Just give a good chase back into the water. :-)

Punapippuri said...

Äiti has so far found three froggies on the catio. Two were without legs. We love them too! Do yours scream ?

Spitty-the-Kitty said...

Oh Marley, You are a MIGHTY hunter. But the Human always feels sorry for the little critters. I just don't get that.

The Furries of Whisppy said...

We haven't seen any frogs around here but we'll remember to grab them by the head if one shows up! We don't wanna be pee'd on!

Katie Isabella said...

Ewwww,,,they PEE!? Ewwwww.

Sushi said...

Hmmm... Frog legs. I heard they taste like chickies. Is it true?

Teri and the cats of Curlz and Swirlz said...

OMC! You are such the adventurous hunter! We know nuffin' about frogs except that some are poisonous and taste awful. We will leave the frogging to you but it was furry interesting to read about them! Love the photo, too!

Ginger Jasper said...

Oh that looks like fun. We don't get frogs at all but I bet they can be a lot of fun. You are clever to work out how to catch them too. Thanks for the tips in case I ever see one. Hugs GJ xx