Monday, September 30, 2013

Mancat Monday

MARLEY: Today I am being Mancatly by doin some HUNTING!  Im waiting fer the frogs to come up out of the pond again.  I sneak up on the pond carefully, but I missed the first one I pounced at and they all dove inta the water.  It takes some getting-used-to ta grab things that jump randomly and then can hide in water.
So I sit next ta the pond quietly fer a few minnits til they have ta come up ta breathe.  It helps ta sit on soft weeds and then have a nice quiet rock ta step onto when they do show up again.
I'd rather catch a mousie, but they just dont come out in midday even when I sing my mousie song to them.

14 comments:

ANGEL ABBY said...

Marley we want to know what you scored today with froggies!!!

Mark's Mews (Ayla, Iza, and Marley) said...

I dint get anny froggies, but only cuz TBT told me ta come in an have some crunchies. A dozen crunchies in the bowl are better than frogs in the pond. ~ Marley

Flynn said...

That looks like fun. I wish I had froggies in a pond.

The Island Cats said...

We hope you get one, Marley!

The Florida Furkids said...

We have froggies that come out at night. There was one REALLY big bullfrog that kept jumping in our pool.

The Florida Furkids

Mark's Mews (Ayla, Iza, and Marley) said...

I caught one when I went out later in the afternoon! ~ Marley

Megan said...

Perhaps you could ask TBT to record you singing the mousie song and upload it so we can all hear it?

Megan
Sydney, Australia

Sparkle the Designer Cat said...

Marley, if I were a mousie, I think I would run in the opposite direction when I heard you singing! Good luck with the frogs.

Katie Isabella said...

Marley, I really really hope your Dad records your mousie song! PLEASE?

Andrea and the Celestial Kitties said...

Good stalking there Marley! But have you eaten one of them froggies?? If you do, I'm pretty sure you won't eat another.. Of course, that doesn't mean they aren't fun to chase!

Brian said...

You sure have some great hunting territory Marley!

Mark's Mews (Ayla, Iza, and Marley) said...

Katie, we usually just sing it very quietly into the mousie holes, so it would be hard fer TBT ta record. But the werds to it are here:

http://marksmews.blogspot.com/2013/08/7th-blogiversary_25.html

Celestial Kitties, froggie legs taste GOOD! Try one, you'll like it.

Prancer Pie said...

Frog legs sound yummmy! We don't think our mole would have tasted very good.

You are one excellent hunter, Marley!

Shaggy and Scout said...

We'd love a froggie pond in our yard! Happy hunting Marley!