Thursday, September 12, 2013

New Blog Template

IZA:

Well, as we mentioned a couple days ago, our blog template went all FLOOEY!

We all gathered around TBT yesterday to werk at getting it good again.  With suggestions from all of us (like "Ooh, we like THAT"), we got something pretty much like we had, and in some ways a bit better.

But I've been banned from the room fer a few days (except to post this unner the watchful claws of Ayla an Marley).  Ya see, I walked on the keyboard...

I don't know what I did (an neither does TBT), but I did SOMETHING that made our blog title at the very top a BIG SOLID GREEN BLOCK that was half the size of the monitor screen and no werds in it and we couldn't get rid of it. 

TBT was REALLY pissed, but of course he just picked me up in the Living Room and told me he loved me but I couldn't come in the computer room fer a while cuz he just couldnt fix all the problems I caused with my feets. 

MARLEY:

I sat up on the top of TBTs computer chair and Ayla sat on the windowsill to stay out of the way while TBT tried to fix the bloggie.  We gave some feedback (like "Ooh, we like THAT"), but we let him fight with the template options and stayed OFF the keyboard.  We dont wanna be banned from the room fer days like Iza.

He never did figure out why the blog title went away and made the BIG GREEN BOX or how to fix it, but he DID find a way to make it very small and transparent.  So right now, we have no blog title, but at least there isnt 8" of green space.

It does occur to me that iffen he had been more witful, he could have taken screenshots of the bad blog template.  But ya know how Beins get sometimes.  They dont think into the future like we do.

So annyway, with our help an advice, he did get somethin tolerable.  Its still not what he wants and may be playing around with things a lot fer a while.

AYLA:

I noticed something I wasnt sure iffen I should mention.  I had this thought that TBT could put our blog name in the picture he puts at the top.  Well, when I DID mention it, he held me in his front legs and got me some treats!  So I guess it was a good idea.  TBT says it is temporary, but that temporary is better than never.

13 comments:

Sparkle the Designer Cat said...

I'm sure TBT will get it all figured out in time, but for the moment, I want to mention that I see the name of your blog in really, really tiny type at the top, which is probably what the big green block used to be. And there should be some way with combining that with an image. I'm a WordPress kitty, not a Blogger kitty, so I'm afraid I don't have much more to offer.

Megan said...

Well, it's a good team effort. Well done. You three didn't mention the biggest contribution you made - which was to keep TBT calm and focussed while he sorted it all out. Treats all round, I say.

Megan
Sydney, Australia

Fuzzy Tales said...

In your blog layout (not template settings), under the section where you upload your header, make sure that you select "instead of title and description" under the image section, if you don't want your blog title to appear separately. Our blog title is part of our header graphic, so we don't need the title again.

Or maybe you've already tried this? It's the only thing that seemed obvious to us.

The Furries of Whisppy said...

We hope TBT figures it out soon so that Iza can join everyone back in the room. :)

ANGEL ABBY said...

We did the same thing that Fuzzy Tales did with their header. We always incorporated our own blog title in the graphic we make. It is the only changes we make sporadically on the blog. Because we are so paranoid we will screw it up and not know how to fix it. But we like your new template. Like Sparkle we can see Mark's Mew in teeny tiny print way up in the left corner of the blog. But we wouldn't have noticed that if Sparkle had not mentioned it.

The Crew said...

With help from 3 great snoopervisors, we know TBT will make a great new look for you.

Brian said...

I know you three TechnoKitties will figure it all out!

Flynn said...

I think your new template is looking good. I can't take my eyes off all those tins of stinky goodness.

Sometimes, Cats Herd You said...

With all of you snoopervising TBT, we know you'll have it all fixed up in no time. If we were Blogger kitties, we would try to help, but we are WordPress cats. We're just glad you're up and running!

Shaggy and Scout said...

Keep on snoopervising! Your reward, we hope, will be great!

The Island Cats said...

We know with you 3 helping TBT, he'll get it fixed really quick. ;)

Derby, Ducky said...

Helping beans with the puter is hard work. You deserve treats.

The Indulged Furries said...

We think your blog is looking good. Hopefully you'll get it dialed in just the way you like it.