Thursday, December 05, 2013

My Clothy-Mousie

AYLA:  After reading comments about my clothy-mouse yesserday,  I thought mebbe I should talk about it more.  Its nothing but some cloth.  In fact, it is SO old, TBT doesnt even remember who it first belonged to; probly Skeeter when he was young, but possibly even Tinkerbelle, which makes it about 20 years old or a bit more.
Clothy-mouse was almost certainly stuffed with Nip originally, but there is none of that left.  And its not really even as thick as it looks here; TBT had ta actally fluff it up a bit ta get it ta stand up fer the picture.
He THINKS it originally had little pink ears, a longer yarn tail (well, DUH -there are still shreds of THAT), black yarn whiskers, and (very mebbe) pink feet.  Whatever, I adore it!!!  I carry it all around the house (mostly in early morning while TBT is trying ta sleep) and I merf loudly while I do.  TBT can always tell I am "carrying mousie".  He usually smiles hearing me doing that, but after a while  he calls ta me ta tell me ta stop fer a while and come fer scritches.
We are currently trying ta decide whether or not to "fix" clothy-mousie.  He says his poor sewing skills WOULD allow him to open clothy-mousie at the back, stuff in dried nip, add a new tail, and (mebbe) add new ears.

I'm not sure.  MEBBE it would be better afterwards, but mebbe not.  And this is the ONLY mousie I like.  It would be risky.  I might not like it then, and Iza might like it MORE.

What do YOU think?  Should I ask TBT to "fix" clothy-mousie?

11 comments:

Fuzzy Tales said...

We say no to fixing clothy-mousie, for the concerns you've already stated. However, we think TBT could make another one and see if anyone likes it!

Sparkle the Designer Cat said...

If anything, I think maybe TBT could stuff some fresh organic nip in it, but I don't think he needs to go to too much other trouble - after all, it's already well-loved!

Megan said...

I agree with Sparkle: perhaps just inserting some new nip, but nothing more.

Megan
Sydney, Australia

Shaggy and Scout said...

Leave poor old clothy-mousey as he is. He's lived a good life, played with some great kitties. His charm is in how clearly well loved he was by all, and still is. He has decades of cat spit in that little hide of his, and probably his own unique scent.

Flynn said...

I say leave Clothy-Mousie as he is too. If he gets a new tail and restuffed he will be like new mousie. His charm is in being old and well loved.

ANGEL ABBY said...

Got to leave Clothy-Mouse just like he is, add some fresh nip and enjoy!

Marg said...

WE think that since clothy mousie is loved just like he is right now, he should stay just like he is. We haven't been here before and good to meet you. We heard what you tried to do to help Dee Roche's Squashie cat and we certainly applaud for your mighty effort Take care.

Sometimes, Cats Herd You said...

You already love the clothy mouse, so why change him? You can have other catnip mice on the side. We're sure the clothy mouse won't get jealous.

Cara n Crew said...

We think that as long as you still like your clothy mousey as it is, then there isn't a need for updates :) Our Pip carries around her green froggy and talks with it in her mouth :D

Pip, Smidgen, Minnie, HOllie

Mark's Mews (Ayla, Iza, and Marley) said...

Pip- I share my love of carrying clothy-mousie with you carrying green froggy! Shared love... ~ AYLA

The Furries of Whisppy said...

We have to say it's best to NOT do anything to Clothy Mousie. Maybe TBT could sew a Clothy Mousie 2 and see how you like that instead?