Wednesday, March 19, 2014

A Rare Snow Treat

IZA:  Well, we have finally caught up ta the recent snow pictures, and *I* have a pleasant surprise.  It started when TBT FINALLY opened the deck door after the night snow fell.  I had been waiting a bit desperately.    Why?  Well, let me sneak up on that a bit.

First, those are MY pawprints in the snow.  I was innerested in the faint birdie tracks, so I went right out.
I was too fast fer TBT ta realize why I wanted OUT, some of these are later pictures, but it makes more sense ta show them first.  See my pawprint at that hole in the snow?  I dug that hole, fast!




Why?  Well, ya see those little drops of red?  That's birdie blood!  I plunged my mouf inta the snow an ran back inside.  Thats when TBT suspected somethin...



Yeah, I was at the deck door at night when a birdie hit the deck door.  An I alone knew where it was even though it got all covered in snow as the night went on.  And on and on and on!  I was practically DYIN by mornin.

I grabbed that birdie an was in the house like The Flash fillin his plate at Thanksgivin Dinnertime!



I was growlin at Ayla a Marley pretty serious.  TBT said I was like a tiger in the room protecting a abtelope kill.  Whatever a abtelope is  (but it must be good food).
Fortunately, TBT pretty much figures what we catch is ours, especially when it is already dead.  But he IS a bit particlar particuliar fussy about where we eat that kinda messy stuff.   Fevvers are fine, but he doesnt want blood an guts on the carpet.  Personnally, I think that would improve the smell of the carpets (HE should have his nose down on them alla time), but "what-ever".

So he took the birdie from me (a right only HE has) and tossed it in the baffroom, let me run in, and closed the door so I could have privacy with my prize.
There wasnt much left of it when he opened the door again 10 minutes later.  I was well pleased.  An full.  Ayla an Marley were jellous.  A few hours later, they were both sniffin my butt, admirin the birdie I got ta eat!

It doesnt get much better than that...

14 comments:

Punapippuri said...

We are in awe, Iza. There was no blood on our catio snow this winter, so we are totally jealous. In fact we are going to read this several times to share your joy. RESPECT!

Megan said...

How clever are you? A sensational achievement. Well done.

Megan
Sydney, Australia

Sparkle the Designer Cat said...

Now, that was AWESOME! And paw up to TBT for letting you keep it!

Crafting Queen said...

Well done you!

Sometimes, Cats Herd You said...

What a great catch, Iza! The head peep wouldn't let us get that stuff on the carpet, either, but we don't think we would have gotten to keep it in the bathroom. TBT is so good to you!

Terri said...

Your human is A-OK! We do understand not wanting blood on the carpet, though ;)

Andrea and the Celestial Kitties said...

Wow, it takes patience to sit all night watching where the birdie went down, I guess you did deserve it! It was nice of him to make sure you got to eat it in peace without having to share too!

Brian said...

Self serve bird!!!

The Swiss Cats said...

Good job Iza, well done ! Mum is like TBT : she allows us to eat our preys, but doesn't accept any mess on the carpet, in the living room, or in the sleeping room. She's the one who is allowed to take a prey from us to put it elsewhere (Dad cannot do it). Purrs

Flynn said...

Good job digging that bird out of the snow Iza. It is nice that TBT let you keep it. My mum makes me take my snacks out in the kitchen where she can clean up any blood after. She won't let me eat on the carpet either.

Derby, Ducky said...

Wow Iza, you is one lucky kittie to capture and be able to eat your own birdie.

Pretinha said...

Iza, você é muito perseverante! Com certeza você mereceu comer o passarinho sozinha hehehe

The Cat From Hell said...

Oh Wow!
Your Daddy lets yous eat your kill in the house?? Wes is NOT allowed to do that!
Kisses
Nellie

Whipple and Pepper said...

Those are really neat paw prints Iza. Lol. And happy thanksgiving! The bird must've been delicious.