Monday, April 07, 2014

Mancat Monday

MARLEY:  WARNING, WARNING...  Professional photographers and/or sensitive birdie-lovers may wish to avert their eyes.  Blurry action pictures of me catching and playing with a DEAD birdie follow...

Another window-bumpy birdie! The 3rd actually lately, but one recovered an flew away.  When TBT was sure this one was dead, he let me at it (well, Iza got the last one).  I took it to neutral territory at once.
TBT followed me of course.  I cant have a birdie in private, there HAVE to be pictures.  
Well, I certainly honored it well!  I bited it, I tossed it, I jumped around.
I even talked to it respectfully, thanking it fer its apparent deliberate self-sacrifice fer my eating enjoyment.   I have to say that TBT has certainly bred GOOD BIRDIES here in the 27 years!
I started with little hops
Before going into stand-up batting (playing "birdminton")!
Then I played "stalking" fer a while.
THEN I REALLY RIPPED LOOSE.  TBT WAS AMAZED .  And good fer him, he was pleased an impressed, not shocked.  Annyway, I jumped!
I pounced!
I moved so fast that the camera bounced!
Then, fer a finale, I place the birdie VERY carefully...
And launched into the "full stand-up, high-stretch, joyful-celebration, sky-reaching, explosion of pure catness-extacy"!!!
Exhausted, I carried my prize up to the deck for the final act.  (To Be Seen Later)

18 comments:

Punapippuri said...

We think this post is the perfect definition of feline joy!

Brian said...

That is a mighty fancy bird dance Marley!

Fuzzy Tales said...

Feline joy indeed!

You might as well have had at the poor thing, since it was already dead. We hope you got to eat him too, or at least its head. :-p

(My former neighbour had a *declawed* brown tabby/former barn cat who would catch birds, eat their heads and leave the bodies on the ground by my front step. Niko hung around with me because his human mostly ignored him; he was a sweetheart, but it would be so gross to come home and find all these headless birds all summer. LOL.)

Hannah and Lucy said...

Marley you did the most wonderful dance with your birdie and we're sure he was more than happy to be deaded for your enjoyment!
Luv Hannah and Lucy xx xx

The Swiss Cats said...

What fun ! You did a wonderful cat joy dance and honored that birdie as might be. Purrs, Zorro

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Marley you are partaking in total feline joy and doing what comes totally naturally to a cat. Nothing at all bad or grotesque about that.

Maxwell, Faraday and Allie said...

MOWZERS, now THAT's a CAT TOY!!

Sparkle the Designer Cat said...

Dead birdies make AWESOME toys!

The Meezers or Billy said...

wow!!! why are fev-vers so stoopid to fly into windows

Flynn said...

You got the moves Marley!

Shaggy and Scout said...

You really went all out with that bird! What amazing moves you made. We especially admire your finale-the full length full body stretch on your hind legs! Wow!

Derby, Ducky said...

Wow, your own real live dead birdie!

The Island Cats said...

Wow! That was amazing, Marley.

Spitty-the-Kitty said...

Wow. I hope you eated him, Marley! I mean, you didn't let one a them mean girlcats steal him, did ya?

Katnip Lounge said...

BIRDMINTON!!!! Marley, that one word said it all. You were fabulous!!!

Spitty-the-Kitty said...

Oh Iza-Lambie, would you REALLY come over and guard me? Because some of my Viceroys are proving extremely unreliable. EXTREMELY. XOXOXOXOX I confess I am a little frightened!

Megan said...

A sensational - nay, stupendous - performance Marley. I think TBT needs to buy a video camera to capture you next time!

Megan
Sydney, Australia

The Furries of Whisppy said...

That was quite a Bird Dance, Marley!