Saturday, May 10, 2014

Caturday Saturday

IZA:  Marley an I we LOVE the mousies.  One of the best spots is right below the birdie feeder.  Cuz the mousies LOVE the fallen seeds. 

See here?  See their little vole-holes? 
4, mebbe 5 in just one spot.  TBT does NOT wonder why we spend a lotta time close ta here.

Well, wouldn't YOU?  An BTW, yeah, I got an ear out fer them...  An I am singing a mousie-come-out song to them. 

"Come out mousies, come out an play.
I will tap you softly today. 
There's tasty seeds fer you ta eat
Those sunflower seeds just cant be beat.

Most of you will get them sweet.
An I will let you, for a treat,
But one of you will pay the price
And I will eat you once or twice.

But most of you will feed yer brood
For you to live and I get food,
As you get careless just one time.
While you get yours and I get mine."

10 comments:

Sparkle the Designer Cat said...

That is an awesome song, Iza! I bet lots of kitties would enjoy singing it.

Brian said...

Mousies to music is fun, fun, fun!

Megan said...

Iza - it seems a bit naughty of you to try to serenade those mousies into a false sense of security. They're not as smart as pusscats you know!

Megan
Sydney, Australia

Mark's Mews (Ayla, Iza, and Marley) said...

Not naughty, deception IS sort of the whole point of hunters...

Terri said...

Oh dear...we're just wondering how many birdies you get there, too?

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

I bet they come right out! MOL

Shaggy and Scout said...

LOVE that mousie song!!!!

Sweet Purrfections said...

We're sure you're wonderful mousers, especially with that song.

Spitty-the-Kitty said...

Wow, Iza-Lambie! How can those mousies resist your Siren Song, luring them to your jaws! I am enchanted by your voice all the way out here.....XOXOXOXOXO

Sorry we've been so scarce--the Human says this is her "busy" time of year at school--as if anything should come before *me*!

The Swiss Cats said...

Does your song enchant the mice so that they come right out of their holes ? Purrs