Friday, May 30, 2014

Flashback Friday

Oh Bast TBT is slackin lately.  He doesnt keep the camera in his pockets like usual, ya know?  Well, he's been rearanging/declutterin the house so he's all distracticated.

So we are forced ta use older pictures.  But they are good ones.  It's GOTCHA DAY pictures...

Ayla's
Wow, our saved pictures only start when I was here 3 months, but Skeeter an I were best friends then.  I allus stayed close ta him.
And I used ta climb ladders up ta the roof.


 IZA:  Well, I'm glad he has the first pictures of ME!

I stayed unner the bed fer 3 days...  And I wasn't a kitten when he got me.  I was a failed queen and the Meezer breeder dint love me.  Well, that's because she thought I was a color-smudgy Meezer girl.  But that's cuz I'm really a Tonkie!  And, BTW, TBT loved me annyway before he learned that.  I will allus love him fer THAT!

MARLEY:  Well *I* got gotched from my first home cuz the lady discovered she was allergic ta ME.  Can ya imagine that?
It was a bit scarey bein moved.  I mean, I LIKED the lady and all, and I was happy myself there.  It was a nice house, too.  Carpet everywhere fer runnin around on.  But I felt sad she went all runny-nose an sneezy when she held me.

So when TBT came by my townhouse an sat down and I came right down the stairs an sat on his lap right away (the lady an he were both thrilled) an he dint go all sneezy, that was pretty good.  He told me about Ayla an Iza and that they were really friendly but needed a brother mancat to keep things happy an it was an impawtant job, I was innerested.  I knew he was my Right Bein right then and there.

Then I spent several days in my own room with my OWN purrsonal placemat an waterbowl (which I was used to havin).  When I was allowed out to meet Ayla an Iza, it was no problem.  I just settled right between them at the food bowls and as TBT says, it was history.

I only learned later that TBT had spent months tryin ta find "ME".  He had looked at a lot of other cats on the innernets, but they all came in brother-pairs an I wasn't real innesrested in THAT!  Some of ya other mancats may not unnerstand this, but I LIKE having two sisfurs.

That's our story fer today...

20 comments:

Sparkle the Designer Cat said...

I loved seeing your gotcha (or almost gotcha) day pics!

Flynn said...

It's nice to see all those older pictures of you all. Iza, your eyes looked even bigger back then.
My mum is slacking too. First she was away for 2 weeks, and then she was going to get some pictures of me, but then she started to feel puny so still hasn't got any. I will have to put my paw down. She didn't even help me visit my friends yesterday.

Cat of Nine Tales said...

Awwwwwe! So nice to see old Skeeter picture. And great to see Marley and hear his gotcha story :).

~LisaCo9T

Marg said...

Great pictures and lots of fun to see all of you in the beginning.
Could you ask Mark to please send us his email for the auction.
Just send it to Marg, margaretmsan@gmail.com

William said...

Well, the only thing I can say is there's NO SUCH THING as a failed cat!

Mark's Mews (Ayla, Iza, and Marley) said...

Well, I agree, William. I wasn't a failed Meezer Queen, cuz I wasn't a Meezer ta begin with. But we dint know THAT then. But I love ya fer the kind werds! ~ Iza

Andrea and the Celestial Kitties said...

Aww, I like your early pictures! So nice to hear your stories!

Brian said...

We sure enjoyed your post today. Hey Marley, I understand the sister thing pal!

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

We think that this was just a great post and we are glad your TBT is slacking because we so enjoyed seeing these pictures all together and hearing the stories.

Mariodacat said...

What a great story. It was meant to be. I wouldn't mind having a sisfur I think. But M says I'm pretty used to being the center of attention around here. Don't know if I want to share my humans or not, but it might be fun.

Jacqueline said...

Great to see the photo of your dear Skeeter again...We also enjoyed Marley's Gotcha story; Daddy Cat thinks it's pretty cool to be the only mancat too!...Iza, you are gorgeous now and of course, you were an adorable baby!...Happy Friday and have a fun weekend, sweet friends...xoxo...Calle, Halle, Sukki, Mommy Cat, Daddy Cat

Sometimes, Cats Herd You said...

What great gotcha photos. We never knew your gotcha story, Marley! Thanks for sharing it.

Megan said...

Always heartwarming to look back and remember the good times.

Megan
Sydney, Australia

Katnip Lounge said...

We loved today's photos and stories, and how nice to see Skeeter, too!

The Cat From Hell said...

What a fabulishious story! Mes LOVES happy endings! TBT is wonderful and Marley, mes LOVED the pictures of all of yous too!
Kisses
Nellie
PS Mes glad that TBT liked my joke!

Spitty-the-Kitty said...

We lubbed this story! And Marley, *I* would like having two sisfurs if they was as beauteous as Iza and Ayla. XOXOXOX

Toffee K. Ripple Fuzzypants & Feline American Angels said...

Happy gotchas to all of yoo!
Toffee

Derby, Ducky said...

Well, no flashy box is sorta better than having the flashy box in your face all the time. We do enjoy the newer pictures however.

Derby, Ducky said...

Well, no flashy box is sorta better than having the flashy box in your face all the time. We do enjoy the newer pictures however.

Katie Isabella said...

I LOVED reading how you were gotcha'd and I hope to learn more and more as time passes. xxoo