Monday, September 29, 2014

Mancat Monday

MARLEY:  Im watching the ivy patch near the birdiefeeder fer mousies.  They like the cover of the ivy leafs and the spilled seeds from the birdiefeeder.  They think it is perfect fer them.  I think its purrfect fer ME!  I just wait an watch fer leaf movements.
An I lissen too.  When ya close yer eyes, yer hearin gets better.  Sometimes I find them better by sounds.
An some prey grabs my attention in An Unexpected Direction!
I go into pounce position, all focussed.  Can ya guess whats gonna happen next?
A HUGE mousie comes into view!!!  It cant see me with my natural camoflage orange an white colors against the green ivy.  This is a rare opportunity.
AND I POUNCE!  I am on top of the mousie, though it struggles a bit.   In fact, it struggles a LOT. 
Er, in fact, it is a little too big fer me ta dispatch.  It must not be a mousie after all.  Mebbe its a RAT.  TBT has told me they can get quite LARGE!  I think mebbe I better leave this one alone.  It had claws an teef a lot like mine...
I better go back an lissen fer the smaller ones again...

20 comments:

Brian said...

That would be wise Marley, very wise!

Katie Isabella said...

I loved this! I absolutely loved every word.

The Swiss Cats said...

A big mousie ! MOL ! Purrs

Colehaus Cats said...

MOL! The biggest mousie we ever seen!

Flynn said...

MOL! That was a very big mousie. It was a good pounce though.

Mr Puddy said...

MOL big mousie ever ! How you can do whack with this mousie ...Ha !

Love da photos !

Pretinha said...

Você é muito engraçado Marley!
Adorei as imagens!
Tenham uma ótima semana.

Summer at sparklecat.com said...

Um, yeah, that was one big rat!

pilch92 said...

That is a big mouse, you are a brave kitty. I hope you and your mouse can make it to Sammy and Joanie's birthday party tomorrow at 15andmeowing.

Megan said...

Dearie, dearie, dearie - I think you might be in trouble Marley.

Megan
Sydney, Australia

Ellen in Oregon said...

Boy Marley, I think that might be some kind of mutant mousie cuz somethins' not quite right with how gigantic that mouseie was. Maybe it was a new species of wild vishus mouse. You were smart to back off and look for somethin' a bit smaller & easier to handle. Ya know that big mousie reminded me of Iza a little bit. Did ya notice that Marley or were ya too busy wrestling with it?

Derby, Ducky said...

Your sisfur the RAT?

Terri said...

That's a really big rat! I think you'd better stick to the little mousies in the ivy ;-)

William said...

MOL!!!

Sometimes, Cats Herd You said...

Biggest. Mousie. Ever!

Angel Prancer Pie said...

HahaMeow! You'd better rethink this one, Marley!

MeezerMews&FrecklesWoofs said...

The Guinness Book Of Records Mousie...um rat...OMC! MOL!
Good thing ya changed your mind, like you meant to stalk away.

Shaggy and Scout said...

HA HA! You surprised us as we scrolled down with the story and it was Iza!!!!

The Church Cat Family said...

We're not disappointed about the mousie or rattie..we just enjoyed watching you in the ivie..hehe

Kitties Blue said...

You really surprised us. We thought for sure we were going to see you with a real live mousey. Your facial expressions, Marley, are priceless. XO, Lily Olivia, Mauricio, Misty May, Giulietta, Fiona, Astrid, Lisbeth and Calista Jo