Monday, December 15, 2014

Dream From The Bridge

AYLA:  While we try to decide how ta help TBT chose about holiday trees, I wanted to talk a chance about THIS...  I feel a bit strange about it.  Its been a while since I heard from Skeeter, but it WAS his Bridge Day and all.

So, I had a weerd dream a few nights ago (Dec 10th) an than I haven't been sure how ta mention it. I'm the only kitty here who was here when Skeeter was, and mebbe that had something ta do with it...  It went sort of like this as best I can recall it...  TBT says it went ta the tune of an old union song called 'Joe Hill', but that's probly just how HE heard it when I told him about the dream while I was curled up next to him unner the covers that night...

I dreamed a special dream last night,
As real as it could be.
Twas Skeeter there, and sweet LC.
I’m happy here said He.
I’m Happy here said She.

It’s been some years I’ve heard from you,
Awake or in my dreams.
Why have you come to speak to me?
I’m happy here said He.
I’m Happy here said She.

On this close night to our Bridge Days,
We wanted you to know,
The Bridge is real and we still feel
The pleasure of sun rays,
The pleasure of sun rays.

So we are here to tell you dear,
We’ve watched you from afar.
Your worries are unfounded and
You’ll long stay where you are.
You’ll long stay where you are.

It’s true that you will never be,
The Alpha Cat you dreamed,
But Big Thing will stand up for you
And treat you like a Queen,
And treat you like a Queen.

We saw the day that you were fine’ly
Spayed successfully.
The rest you won came to us both
Among the fields of green.
Among the fields of green.

We did a happy dance of joy
Together and with friends.
When third and final spay was done,
The Bridgers gave a cheer,
The Bridgers gave a cheer.

So rest your worried head sweet girl,
You’re loved more than you know,
Just think how Marley naps with you,
How Iza doesn’t show,
She envies you, you know.

We see you are the agile one,
Who tries to touch the sky.
Don’t give up on that dream sweet girl,
You’ll do it if you try,
You’ll do it if you try.

And when the time comes long from now
When you must come to us,
Trust that we will remember you
No dreams here come to dust.
No dreams here come to dust.

No cat here ever leapt the Moon,
No cat here ever tried.
Tis far too far up high for that,
But we have a surprise.
You’ll be the one who does.
You’ll be the one who does.

So practice hard our dear young friend,
Practice hard and pure.
For when you come, we know for sure
It’s Ayla On The Moon,
It’s Ayla On The Moon.

Now rest your heart you sweet sweet girl,
And don’t arrive to soon.
Beyond the Bridge, time passes not.
We’ll be here always “when”.
We’ll be here always “when”.

That was most of the dream.  But there was the oddest lingering sound.  I had trouble explaining it to TBT the next morning.  It was more a song about the Bridge.  He said he didn’t know any Bridge songs.  But when I talked to Marley about it, he said it was obvious.  There IS a Bridge song, but the Beings don’t quite realize it.  Marley told me that obviously a cat wrote it an gave it to a Bein.  I was all  like “what?”

He said TBT plays it all the time, and I know it by heart cuz its MY idea of what goin to the Bridge is like and  dint realize it at the time an it may comfort you too.  I was still confused, so spoke some of it spoke it to me, and then I recognized it from sounds TBT plays sometimes on one of the machines.

“When you're weary, feeling small.
When tears are in your eyes I will dry them all.
I'm on your side.
Oh when times get rough
And friends just can't be found;
Like a bridge over troubled water, I will lay me down.
Like a bridge over troubled water, I will lay me down.
When you're down and out,
When you're on the street,
When evening falls so hard, I will comfort you.
I'll take your part.
Oh, when darkness comes
And pain is all around
Like a bridge over troubled water
I will lay me down.
Like a bridge over troubled water
I will lay me down.


Sail on silver girl, sail on by.
Your time has come to shine.
All your dreams are on their way.
See how they shine
Oh, if you need a friend,
I'm sailing right behind
Like a bridge over troubled water,
I will ease your mind,
Like a bridge over troubled water;
I will ease your mind...

Well, OK, that sounds pretty good.  I'll be around here a lot of years, but I have a meeting with Skeeter and LC to look forward to some day.

That's OK with me.

18 comments:

Summer at sparklecat.com said...

What a sweet dream - and poem.

Andrea and the Celestial Kitties said...

Very nice. We look forward to meeting our cats that came before someday.

Megan said...

It's nice to think that you'll be able to meet up with loved ones and cats that have gone before when you go to the Bridge. Imagine the stories you'll be able to swap about TBT - what a hoot!

Megan
Sydney, Australia

Lisa Kolosey said...

Just what I needed this morning! I was feeling a little down and you've brightened my day :). Thank you for sharing your dreams and songs...

~MamaLisa

The Island Cats said...

That's beautiful. And how nice to know that Skeeter is looking out for you from the Bridge.

Hannah and Lucy said...

We loved your Dream from the Bridge - thank you for sharing it with us.
Luv Hannah and Lucy xx xx

Fuzzy Tales said...

That was such a lovely dream and our human's always loved that song too...your post make her leaky-eyed this morning.

Purrs and peace.

Brian said...

That was such a sweet and loving dream and we're glad you told us.

Colehaus Cats said...

That was beautiful and we find it very comforting. Thank you for sharing your dream! Purrs....

Katie Isabella said...

Made my mommy have leaky eyes but as you know, this is the day that Admiral left her. She (and I ) LOVED the blog and all of you that went into it. It is perfect. Thank you.

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Marley that was a beautiful dream and the poem/song was too. We also understand the lyrics to Bridge Over Troubled Waters.

The Swiss Cats said...

What a lovely dream ! Purrs

Flynn said...

That was a lovely dream and poem Ayla. The song is perfect too.

Sometimes, Cats Herd You said...

How very sweet!

pilch92 15andmeowing said...

What a sweet dream and a beautiful poem too.

Pretinha said...

Lindo sonho, mas espero que você fique longe da ponte por muitos anos ainda.
Adorei a poesia.

The Cat From Hell said...

What LOVELY Songs!!!
Sketter and LC is so cool to comes to yous in your dreams.
Kisses
Nellie

MeezerMews&FrecklesWoofs said...

Awww...that was so touching...and meowmy has some rivers on her face now...