Thursday, December 18, 2014

I love blogger

TBT here.  I really DO love Blogger.  But it is not the only place to blog and they better realize that.    I EXPECT that Blogger  better understand that.

The problem is that Blogger doesn't ASK us about the sudden changes they make, and they should.  A little explanation for reasons ahead of time would go a long way, right?

Just saying why there was going to BE a change would matter and asking for thoughts ABOUT the PROPOSED changes would help.. .

Looking at it another way,  you can assume that Blogger has a reason to exist.  That reason is the community it serves.  And IF it sees a reason to serve a community of "us", then OUR opinions should matter "some" to "them".

I want to know, I DEMAND to know, what is going to change before it happens.  I might just possibly have some insights to the changes before they happen....  The fastest way to kill a site is to ignore the needs and opinions of the participants.  Ask the managers of sites that no longer exist...

I think I might just learn about Wordpress.  Are you listening Blogger?  I like you.  I'm used to you.  But I CAN learn new systems.

Heard much from Alta Vista lately?    Blackberry?  And Oh my goodness where IS my Commodore computer these days? Oh, thats right, it went into the trash 20 years ago at least.  I hated it when it happened, but I DID move on...

The Big Thing


11 comments:

Megan said...

Yeah - I hear ya TBT. But I just don't see this change as a biggie. And, perhaps - indeed, probably - it's a change in response to customer demand?

Given that Blogger provides the service free of charge, I give them a bit of leeway.

Megan
Sydney, Australia

Flynn said...

I agree with you completely. I did try Wordpress several years ago when blogger was telling us we were almost out of storage and would need to pay for more. I couldn't get on with it though and couldn't get my photos to publish where they should. I still have that account though so may well go back to it and try harder to get it to work as I want it to.
This robot thing may not seem a biggie, but when you are trying to comment on 50-60 blogs a day that extra time adds up, and will mean less blogs get visited.
Now I am going to try and publish without ticking the robot which Fuzzy Tales said worked for her.

Flynn said...

Yes it worked!!! I just clicked publish as usual.

Brian said...

Unannouced changes sure are frustrating. That's why we left blogger.

Katie Isabella said...

what's going on?

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

I wish it worked that way with Google but it doesn't. When they feel that the programs/service they are running is no longer work effective for them they cut it. It's why READER was discontinued. It wasn't because it wasn't popular, it was. It was one of the best easy to use Readers out there, but for them it was no longer worth the man hours to keep it going. So they pulled the plug. With the way social media is morphing I suspect blogging will become a dinosaur and I would not be surprised if they push it out the door too. I keep reading Gmail is a goner too. If it's the WV thing, apparently if you embed your comments at least right now it gets rid of the nasty I'm not a robot and WV thingy.

Shaggy and Scout said...

Mom just sighs & goes with it. Now it's just a check off box instead of those numbers which was instead of those hard to read slurred together letters. The way she sees it is if its what she has to do to keep in touch with a few friends, she'll do it. She's too tired from all the other sh*t going on with our boy to get up in arms over this. Which isn't to say TBT shouldn't complain...go for it man!
Pee Ess: Mom left a message on your cavebear tree post. See you there.
AND yes, our tree IS still upright! We just nap under them, don't even bother the ornaments at all, or attempt to investigate the branches. Except that one year when a real birdie came in on the real tree the people bought. Now THAT was excitement!!!!!
Pee Ess:

Sometimes, Cats Herd You said...

Abby is right. Google uses their free services to (a) harvest information and (b) as laboratories to tinker with things. The head peep has watched Google make some really unpleasant decisions before, and there's no doubt they will do it again. Finding alternatives stinks (especially for some really entrenched things like email) but it's the only way to get to better stability. Wordpress really isn't *that* hard if you have to switch. Honest.

Pretinha said...

Isso é desagradável!

Beau Beau & Angie said...

We are with you there - we've often thought about changing to Wordpress too. Might be good timing for us after Beau Beau's sad departure. Thank you for stopping by with your kind wishes.

MeezerMews&FrecklesWoofs said...

Hmmm...being rather new is this blogging stuff...we just sort of go with the flow, and while we do find those Captchas annoying, the newest ones can be ignored, imagine that...we just press submit and there it comes to the comments.

We do copy the comment furst in case we would have to start over...