Sunday, December 21, 2014

The Tree

IZA:  Well, I watch TBT at this sort of stuff more that Ayla or Marley do.  What can I say?  His odd action fascinate me.

I'll leave it to him to expalain all the steps of setting up the fake tree, but I will show you the ornaments.  THEY fascinate me.  Whappable stuff...

But he told me most of that stuff is old, new-valuable, or gifts from Beins-Who-Have-Gone-Before.  MOUSIES!  He can take the fun out of whapping stuff.  But he says this stuff really IS special and he sure tosses me enough toys to make the tree-stuff "off limits".

Urk.  Would I be losing "cat-points" iffen I agreed not to break the nice stuff.  Anything I break, I wont see next year.  An since they ARE sparkley, I WOULD like ta see them again.  Its a dilemma!

So I agreed not to whap off anything lower than the cat ornament.  Well, I GOTTA respect the cat ornament.  I may have been tricked though.  There ISNT anything hanging on the tree lower than the cat ornament...

But a deal is a deal.  And as a practical matter, TBT  pointed out that any broken glass would probly get in MY paws not his and iffen my paws got any glass, it would be STRAIGHT to the VET for me.  Mousies!  He sure knows how ta bargain sometimes. 

Marley an Ayla said they had already agreed not ta mess with the decorations.  He said he would give them some plastic ones ta whap around.  He dint offer that ta ME.

Oh Bast, I'm a poor negotiator...  THIS TIME!

Well, at least I get ta show you some pictures of the decorated tree.  (And THEY don't, NYA, NYA, NYA)

SET UP...

LIGHTS ON!
 ORNAMENTS ON!
 OK, wholly CARP...  I never saw annything like THAT before...  I fell over.

Ya gotta go to  HERE

UPDATE:  Wait til you see the closeups tomorrow!  I could really only see the ones close to the floor, before, ya know, but TBT held me up to see the others higher up (and a good safe paw reach away - darn).  O...M...COD!  There are Hummingbirds and Butterflies...

Marley an Ayla came inna the room and THEY fell right over too. 

We have all agreed we GOTTA get one of those Cardinals, and a Hummingbird...


22 comments:

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

We think your tree looks gorgeous in the photos!

Brian said...

Your tree sure is pretty and I hope y'all enjoy!

Flynn said...

I am glad to see you back! Your tree looks beautiful. Mum puts whappable ornaments on the bottom of the tree for me. All the good ones go on the top half.

Kjelle Bus aka Charlie Rascal said...

Your tree looks grreat !
My mom-person will put up our's tonight , can't wait to whap on the ornament's :)

XOXO

Kjelle Bus aka Charlie Rascal said...

Your tree looks grreat !
My mom-person will put up our's tonight , can't wait to whap on the ornament's :)

XOXO

Cara n Crew said...

your tree is beautiful! we wish ours was big like that - big enough to climb :)

Pip, Smidgen, Minnie, Hollie

Fuzzy Tales said...

That tree is STUNNING! We like ours, but it's only a little 4.5 foot one, up on a low table. We do have a larger one, but we have a small living area.

Yours is worth showing off, worth all the effort of getting it up and decorated!

Pretinha said...

A árvore ficou muito bonita!
Iza, espero que você mantenha sua palavra de gato.

Summer at sparklecat.com said...

OMC, a tree! With BIRDIES! Inside the HOUSE! How exciting, and how can you not attack those cardinals?

Spitty-the-Kitty said...

OMC! He puts those big juicy BURDS onna tree and thinks you should not be allowed to whap them??? Wut's wrong with him anyway???

Darling Iza-Lambie I am soooo sorries your tummy is lonely--shall I pop over and warm it up with my furry little head? I could use a restful nappy. XOXOXO

The Cat From Hell said...

Butterflies AND hummingbirds!?!?!
Mes on my way over for a tree crashing pawty!
Kisses
Nellie

Megan said...

That tree is spectacular. When TBT was moaning about how long it was going to take, I didn't really understand. But now I see it, I can imagine the time and trouble it took him to get it all done, but it was worth it.

Although he got you to solemnly agree not to whap stuff, I think that he kinda cheated because he didn't tell you that some of the decorations were fevvers. Fevvers are fair game, whatever the circumstances, and he should know that. There are lots of ornaments he could have chosen for the tree, but he chose fevvers - so he has to accept the consequences. That seems fair to me!

Looking forward to the close-ups tomorrow.

Megan
Sydney, Australia

pilch92 15andmeowing said...

Very pretty. Those cardinals are just begging to be touched.

Ramblingon said...

OH MY CAT! That looks like a zillion dollars!

The Island Cats said...

Wow! The tree looks great! We have some birdies on our tree...it's really hard to not play with them.

Samantha & Mom said...

That is the best Christmas Tree we have seen!!
Hugs,
Your TX furiends,
Samantha

Beau Beau & Angie said...

LOL - a definite cat tree - 3/4 way full and full of fun and mystery for us to whap at.

Alasandra, The Cats and Dogs said...

We can't wait to see the Hummingbirds and Butterflies, we aren't having a tree this year so our Hummingbirds won't be coming out of storage.Your tree is lovely and we enjoy seeing it.

Love your card, the mouse inside was an unexpected surprise.

MeezerMews&FrecklesWoofs said...

Oops, the comments we put on yesterday's entry was fur todays...bad catretry! But if we fire her, who would feed us...or put back our (Wee)trees after we knock em ovfur, MOL!

The Swiss Cats said...

What a beautiful tree ! It looks great ! Thank you for your lovely card with the cute little mouse inside ! Purrs

Shaggy and Scout said...

Oh wow.....it's beautiful!

Maxwell, Faraday and Allie said...

We just had ta snicker thinking about how the Trout talkin' Tabbies would react to...BURDZ. *snicker*