Wednesday, January 28, 2015

A Little Snow

AYLA:  We got snow, but only 1".  TBT says the storm just grazed us and that Washington DC only 20 miles away got more.  And more north of us got hammerred.  So we are glad we arent north.

I was actally the 1st one ta go out.  Well, thats cause I'd been watching the birdies hopping on the deck while Iza and Marley were busy sleepin.  So I ran right out and spotted the birdies sittin on the tomatato cages past the deck.  I tried ta get closer but its hard ta be hidey out on the bare snow!
 Ya can see all the birdie tracks...
They all flew off, an my paws were gettin cold, so I decided ta head back in.  Marley came out an I told him he was too late.

MARLEY:  Well, Ayla told me the birdies had gone, but I decided to check anyway.  Besides, I wanted to go down an look fer mousie prints anyway.  But those snowy stairs looked pretty slippery.
So, I decided to think of something else.
Sitting in the snow makes fer a cold butt!
I walked to the front of the deck and looked around.   Nothin much ta see.
So I went back in fer some kibble snacks...

19 comments:

Punapippuri said...

You are both brave and mighty snow cats. It looks a bit wet underpaw - come over here if you'd like some dry snow. Sadly no birdies here either though.

Pretinha said...

Uau! Que tal pedir um par de botas no próximo natal.
Mantenham-se aquecidos.

Cheysuli and gemini said...

I think you need more food to warm that cold bum, Marley!

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

whew I don't blame you for heading back inside! That looks cold!!!

Andrea and the Celestial Kitties said...

Kibbles and naps inside where it's warm and not snowy sounds lots better than getting a cold butt and feets out there!

Summer at sparklecat.com said...

Too bad you missed all the excitement, Marley!

Sweet Purrfections said...

We think we'd prefer to stay inside where it's warm.

Flynn said...

Yeah, you don't want to get a cold butt Marley. Best to stay indoors in the warm. Those mousies are probably snuggled deep down in their homes anyway.

Shaggy and Scout said...

There's always the thrill of the hunt but this time there's the chill of the hunt! Brrrr!

pilch92 15andmeowing said...

You need to get some snow boots to keep those toesies warm.

Megan said...

I would have hoped that TBT had knitted you some paw covers to protect your toesies from the snow. Perhaps you could suggest it to him?

Megan
Sydney, Australia

Maxwell, Faraday and Allie said...

Marley dood, you actually sat there in the snow and CONTEMPLATED schtuffs? We are impressed with your cold-butt tolerance!

Just Ducky said...

I just look at the snow from inside.

Brian said...

I would say that looks like fun, but it really looks cold gang!

The Island Cats said...

You're lucky you only got a little bit of snow.

Kitties Blue said...

Can't believe y'all are out walking around in the snow. We'd be watching those birdies through the window. We hate that yucky white stuff. Luckily we have had very little this year. XOCK, Lily Olivia, Mauricio, Misty May, Giulietta, Fiona, Astrid, Lisbeth and Calista Jo

Penelope TheCatFromHell said...

Smart to goes in! Snow makes your toes wet! and there is NOTHING worse than wet toeses.
Kisses
Nellie

MeezerMews&FrecklesWoofs said...

We stay inside too...and enjoy the snow from the comfort of our kitty tree, MOL! Meowmy won't let us outside, so we don't even know what we are missing, MOL!

Stay warm, kitties!

Katie Isabella said...

I bet Hannah and Lucy would love to be invited over and go out wif you three on the deck. Ask them why don't you? Me? I think I'll keep my butt fevvers warm i the house.