Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Nudge, Pudge, and Smudge

MARLEY:  TBT reminded me that not every Bein an Kitteh knows about my smudge.  An while I dont flaunt it, it IS there an I cant ignore it.  So today I wanna remind ya all, that we have household nicknames (like we figure almost evrycat does).

Ours are Nudge, Pudge, and Smudge.  Arent Beings clever?  (Gag).

Ya see, when Ayla came (an I only know this from TBTs tales), she liked to push her head against TBT, so he nicknamed her "Nudge".  And then Iza came an she was fat even as a kitten, so he nickenamed her "Pudge". 

I'm told some of you already know this, but I didnt, so bear with me.

And then *I* came along, and TBT saw that black spot on the side of my head, and he called me "Smudge". 

So sometimes when we are all on the deck and he calls us in, he says "C'mon, Nudge, Pudge, and Smudge".  I swear, iffen there wasnt usually food being promised, we would bite his ankles...

So I usually dont show that side of me in pictures.  But under duress (offers of many kibbles) I allowed him to take pictures of my Smudge. 

So here they are...









TBT thinks that technically makes me a male tortie (which is unusual), but as barely as possible.  What do YOU think?

17 comments:

Megan said...

Well I think it's a beauty mark - something that makes your colouring unique. Be proud!

And as for Iza - I'll always think of her as 'Pudge' now! LOL

Megan
Sydney, Australia

Brian said...

That is a very fance smudge and you should show it off more!

Punapippuri said...

We love your smudge - it is unique! Our Rilli had a tabby bit even though he was a tuxie and that was pretty hard to work out too.

As for Pudge and Nudge, we just think the names suit perfectly, hehehehe.

The J-Cats said...

Oh, Marley! It's a beauty spot!

Summer at sparklecat.com said...

Yes, of course it is a beauty mark... even though you're a boycat!

Angel Prancer Pie said...

We love it! It makes you unique and we think it qualifies as a beauty mark, too.

Sorry, but we love the nicknames, too. Our Mommy has nicknames for all of us, too and they're not nearly as clever as yours!

Marilia Bavaresco said...

You´re sweet!

Cleopawtra said...

Love the nicknames. And it's a beauty mark as everyone else if saying. You need to show it off more.

pilch92 15andmeowing said...

You are very unique Marley and quite handsome. I love the smudge :)

Flynn said...

I've said before Marley, it's a beauty spot so be proud to show it. Do you have a nickname for TBT too?

Cara n Crew said...

Marley, we love your smudge :) you can pretend it is a really cool tat or something ;-/

Pip-pip, Smidgsteroo, skinny minnie, hairball hollie

Penelope TheCatFromHell said...

Definitely a RARE male tortie!
Mommy had a before Black Tuxi Tiger that had a orange spot just about where your black smudge is. Her vet was furry impressed and told Mommy all about how rare male torties is.
Kisses
Nellie

Pretinha said...

Cascão gostei de conhecer a história dos seus apelidos carinhosos.
Você tem um linda mancha!

modern nomad said...

Have a wonderful week!

Noodle and crew

Sometimes, Cats Herd You said...

That's certainly an unusual marking! We don't think we've ever seen a marmalade kitty like you with a black smudge. You're one of a kind, Marley!

Shaggy and Scout said...

We think those are great nicknames and your smudge is a neat little quirk. Quirky is good!

MeezerMews&FrecklesWoofs said...

It is from when you bumped into the sooty chimney...just kidding...it's what makes you *you*!
Thanks fur sharing we enjoyed reading all about your smudge:)