Sunday, October 04, 2015

Easy Like Sunday NOT

AYLA:  I have been busy the past few days, and it didnt make for a real Easy Sunday.  There are 2 parts (I like ta be organized).

First, I have been worried about that hurricane.  TBT kept watchin it reported ta be headed right for US, and I could tell he dint want THAT.  So I took some action.  I should remind ya all that I can be a bit "Witchy" (yes that is with a real "W", thank-you-very-much).  I levitate, I disappear, sometimes I am in 2 rooms at once, etc.  So I decided ta push the hurricane away from us here.

I spent 2 days stood up on the high shoe rack using my mental energies. 

I know SOME Beins have claimed ta do that hurricane-pushin thing, but it doesnt usually werk for them.  It werks fer me! The proof is obvious. 

Three days ago, the track was centered ta go dead-center right over us.  Now it is way out ta the ocean.  *I* did that!  You dont have to thank me; it was for entirely selfish reasons.  Hey, we're cats, selfish is normal.

But second, such efforts come with a cost...  Hurricanes have some mild powers too, and there was a backlash.  Right after I diverted the Hurricane, I left my high shoe rack sanctuary and went ta sit on the top platform of one of the cat trees.  Just as I jumped up to it, there was an EXPLOSION!

Does something look odd about this picture?




How about NOW?



OK, I'll make it obvious...



The top platform went BANG with ME on it.  I nearly had a kitniption!  And I may be down to 8  (or 7) lives.  It went all KA-FLOOEY.  Here are the pieces down on the floor...
 Obviously, it was a reaction from the Hurricane diverting werk.  I know, I know, those things are dangerous ta mess with, but it was impawtant!
I've instructed TBT to either repair it or replace it.  So far, he says it could go either way.  He says he could probly bust out the broken inside stuff what holds the post up an replace the "screw-in parts" with wood, glue, and screws.  Or he could order a new post with the "screw-in parts" built in like the original.  OR, he could take the lowest post we never sit in and move it to the top.

MY opinion is that the busted one has bad Mojo from the Hurricane backlash, and he agrees.  Do you think he should A) order a new post or B) move the lowest post ta the top?

15 comments:

Punapippuri said...

Ayla, you do indeed have superpowers. Well done on the hurricane slaying - you didn't send it to us did you as we had bad winds on Friday (and it was not Seppo). Not quite a hurricane but we guess even hurricanes lose their puff over the whole Atlantic, and then climbing the mountains of Norway. An exploding cat tree is a small price to pay for saving everyone from the winds. Shame you were on it at the time.

Personally a whole new cat tree is in order - wouldn't want to trust a new poll, and also there might be some design fault on the board - so best be safe.

Yeah we knew TBT wouldn't fall for that one - but it was worth a try.

Megan said...

That was a magnificent achievement Ayla. Well done that cat.

As for the poll, I'm with Punapippuri - a whole new tree, thanks very much.

Megan
Sydney, Australia

Summer at sparklecat.com said...

Definitely order a new post! And that was awesome, Ayla, pushing away the hurricane! Of course humans can't do that! Only kitties.

The Whiskeratti said...

New post for sure! And we are quite impressed with your 'cane diverting, it was fine work.

Brian said...

Dang, I'm sure glad you didn't get hurt but yes, a new post is sure in order!

Terri said...

We'd move the lowest post to the top...no need to add your kitty smells to it!

Flynn said...

If you never use the lowest post it's just as well to move it to the top. That'll save TBT money on repairing it which means more treats for you. Well done on your hurricane pushing skills.

The Swiss Cats said...

Good job, Ayla ! And for the poll, we would order a new cat tree rather than use the lowest post... Purrs

Pretinha said...

Ayla você fez um ótimo trabalho, talvez você possa usar suas habilidades para conseguir uma guloseima extra! hehehe
Eu concordo com Flynn.

Pretinha said...

Ayla você fez um ótimo trabalho, talvez você possa usar suas habilidades para conseguir uma guloseima extra! hehehe
Eu concordo com Flynn.

Just Ducky said...

Oh noes, your tower is broked!

pilch92 15andmeowing said...

I am amazed- you do have powers. I think you need a new one.

The Island Cats said...

Wow, you really do have super powers, Ayla!

Shaggy & Scout said...

Oh how frightful! But wow little girl, you did great with the hurrycane!

MeezerMews&FrecklesWoofs said...

You did such a good job diverting that storm,now you need/deserve a new tree! The old one can be re-purr-posed to other uses/kitties.....