OK, we are feeling odd about this. It is the poll we set up last Monday but deleted. We thought we insulted Megan (a great friend of all us cats) but we were wrong. She was happy. We thought "chuffed" was a bad werd. We should have asked TBT ta tell us about it...
So we are redoing it. And posting the previous comments so those don't have to be redone, but ya can add or change iffen ya want.
The poll was basically (from our imperfect memory):
Megan had a cat.
She doesn't have one now.
She loves us cats...
She should have one.
The poll is:
A. Megan should get a cat.
B. Megan should get a small kangaroo.
C. Megan should remain catless.
D. Megan should get a Flatcat
E. Megan should start a blog pretending she has a cat.
F. Megan should start a blog talking about cats.
G. None of the above.
The previous comments were:
1. "Megan here! I have had cats in the past and loved them. I consider myself to be a Cat Person. Woofies? Waste of oxygen and smelly to boot.
The last cat I had was the Cat of a Lifetime. He died when he was only 2 1/2 years old and it hurt. Since then, I haven't felt the need to have another cat. There are various reasons. Visiting a number of cat blogs everyday does help fill the void - in fact, it helps enormously. I thank all the cats whose blogs I visit for enriching my life.
So, there's no point voting 'A', 'cos it ain't gonna happen. TBT's reference to the small kangaroo is that he knows that I live close to a national park here in Sydney and our garden - well, I should say 'yard' - is visited several times a week by wallabies, who munch every new shoot in sight. Makes it impossible to have a nice garden. But, the wallabies are wild, and trying to keep one as a pet would be a challenge. LOL
I don't feel as though I AM catless, 'cos I'm sharing the lives of a number of cats on their blogs - without the downsides of fishy-breath kisses in the morning, litter trays (ugh!) and cat fur on everything in the house. I do miss purrs and cuddles though.
Flatcat - hmmmm. Doesn't appeal I'm afraid.
A blog talking about cats? Well, I think that would grow tired and boring very quickly and readership would dwindle to zero within a month.
None of the above is probably the way I'm gonna go - provided I'm still a welcome visiting on your blogs.
Thank you for your thoughts on my behalf.
2. "Megan's mother here..........all that she has written is correct, but to be honest, she is pretty chuffed to think that she has been featured on your blog ( I'll get into trouble for that comment!)
Noela Sydney Australia”
3. “Meezer Mews...Awww, sorry you lost your kitty so young, Miss Megan.
We think since you 'know' about kitties you should feel free to comment...and we welcome your interesting and thought provoking comments!
Maybe sometime a new kitty will decide to have you as his/her mom, they can be like that you know...they are choosy!
Our pawrents had some strays eons of years ago that chose them...but that was long before our time…”
4. “Summer… Megan, you are always welcome to come visit me! Although I do think you should have a cat. I know my human could never be without one, even though she lost her soul cat 13-1/2 years ago. She's still happy she has us, plus Binga and Boodie are rescues, plus I'm kind of special in my own way.”
5. “Sometimes Cats Herd You… Megan, there are always cats out there when you're ready to share your life with one. And there are plenty of us to visit in the meantime! Our Aunt O said for years that she didn't want a cat, she had us to visit, then after our grandpeep passed away she had our grandpeep's cat. We expected that Earl would come live with us, but Aunt O is so happy with him that she got another cat to keep him company. Cats work in mysterious ways…”
6. “Whiskeratti… You are very welcome to visit OUR blog any time. We, too, think you should get a kitteh, but only when you're ready.”
7. “Flynn… Never say never Megan. When our first cat died it hurt so much we thought we couldn't go through the heartache again. We were without a cat for 5 years until a stray kitten stole our hearts and we knew then what we had been missing. He was the first of many.”
8. “ Brian… C”
Now let's pretend we here didn't delete the poll and continue with it...
Comments and votes please...