Wednesday, January 13, 2016

In Memorium

We remember this day when LC very suddenly decided to cross the Bridge.

It was the end of when it was just "Just The Girlcats".  Not that it was deliberate or that we dint want to have a boycat around, it just worked out that way briefly.

LC was a cat's cat.  She went straight fer Skeeter when she arrived and gave all her attention to him.  TBT accepted that and was happy for them both.

LC was only 1 year younger than Skeeter, but she always stayed his "Little Sister" even til their old age.
She was a playful cat...
A cute skinny kitten...
"LC" stood for "Little Cow".  Her patches of B and W seemed "cowish.

As a kitten, she was an explorer.  As an adult, she was a great huntress.  Skeeter brought more mice to the deck door, but I think LC caught at least as many and kept them to herself.  She probably showed them to Skeeter more than she did to me.

She was never a lap cat, preferring Skeeter's company to mine.  Which was OK, as I was away from the house about 12 hours a day in their time (while I woke, showered, dressed, commuted, worked, and returned home).

Indeed, I only had the pleasure of their routine daily company after 2006 (when I retired) when Skeeter was 14 and LC 13.  They loved that time.  I was there to let them outside every day instead of just weekends and holidays.

LC thrived outside.  She prowled around the pond seeking frogs, the brush seeking mice, and (amazingly, garter snakes).    If it moved on the ground, she caught it.

When Skeeter left us, she grieved.  I let her sniff Skeeter's dead body so she would know he hadn't just disappeared.  She was OK with Ayla, and after Skeeter was gone, she began to seek my lap.  That was good.  I gave her all the attention she desired.

LC did well with Ayla and Iza.  But I could tell she was missing Skeeter, her life-long friend and protector.

One morning, she didn't come into the kitchen for breakfast and I started looking around for her and calling.  I finally found her in the basement, pushed into some random junk.  I have no idea what happened to her.  She was comotose.

I brought her to the vet immediately.  They called a few hours later to say she had died.  They didn't have any idea exactly why.  Stroke maybe.  But it was sudden.  I didn't pursue the cause.  But it meant I didn't have her in my arms as she left my world (as I did Skeeter).

The vet said she was pretty much "out of it" her final hours; not conscious.

I miss you dear girlcat...

19 comments:

Summer at sparklecat.com said...

LC sounds like such a great kitty! It must have been so sad for you when she left.

Lone Star Cats said...

She wuz a cutie.

Flynn said...

This a beautiful memorial to your dearly loved LC. We learn to adapt but we never forget, and the pain is always there lurking waiting to surface again. Hugs to you as you remember your dear girlcat.

The Island Cats said...

Purrs to you as you remember LC today...

Andrea and the Celestial Kitties said...

Aw, sounds like she was a very sweet kitty. I'm glad you had her.

Cathy Keisha said...

I’m here to pay my respects to Little Cow. *bows head* Sending comforting purrz to everyone she left behind.

Ann Adamus said...

Purrs.
Know you miss her so ...
A hug for you,
Ann

KitKat said...

We remember Skeeter and LC well. We join with you today in remembrance of them and the beautiful cats they were.
Angel Normie, Mika, Sasha & Grady Lewis

Colehaus Cats said...

Pretty angel LC, you looked very loved and we are sure you still are, very much. Thank you for sharing her story with us.

pilch92 15andmeowing said...

LC was a beautiful girl. I am sorry you didn't get to be with her when she left this world, but I am sure she knew she was loved by you.

Quinn and Angel brandi said...

(hugs)
Lots and lots of purrs.

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

What a precious little angel she was, and what a cute name too!!!

Brian said...

We know that special place in your heart still misses that beautiful gal.

William said...

We know she brought everyone joy when she was here with you. What a sweet remembrance.

MeezerMews&FrecklesWoofs said...

What a special kitty LC was. And how you miss her...yes we always miss our furkids when they have to leave us, and it seems so hard when they don't even let us say goodbye. Our Angel-Simba was like that...

We are glad you have many wonderfur memories to carry and always cherish in your heart.

Sending lots of purrs to the TBT.

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

They leave such gigantic paw prints on our hearts.
(purrs)

Pretinha said...

Lc era muito bonita, as fotos de filhote são adoráveis.
Fiquei comovida como ela sentiu a perda de Skeeter.
Esses peludos ocupam uma grande parte do nosso coração e quando vão
embora deixam um vazio maior ainda.

The Whiskeratti said...

Thank you for sharing this with us. Clearly, you loved her very much and she had a great life.

Jans Funny Farm said...

We remember LC (and Skeeter) but don't remember if we ever knew her actual name, Little Cow.