Thursday, February 04, 2016

Thankful Thursday

IZA: Well, first, I gotta say that a WHOLE DAY AND NIGHT without eating was really harsh fer me.  Oh, Ayla probly wouldnt mind much; she only eats as much as she HAS to.  But eating is a major part of my life.

I spent a lot of time evening yesserday sittin in the box. 
There wasnt much else ta do.  I wasnt feelin too friendly toward TBT since he wouldnt give me anny food (I mean, he wouldnt even let me lick his plate, an it was STEAK juice)!
I even roared in frustration a few times.
 Stared at TBT a few times.  But he is pretty hard ta guilt...
 Hid from the world, an tried ta ignore my rumbly tummy...
I couldnt wait fer the day ta end!
So I slept all night and was thrilled when TBT got up EARLY!  Except he was up fer a repairperson (our heat pump is actin funny) and didnt want ta feed me when we were all stressed by a stranger being in the house.  But the stranger was only here an hour.

FINALLY...  FOOD!!!  Hurray, Joy, Happiness.  Wait, 1 spoonful???  He said he wanted to get me started slow.  Well, I got 1 spoonful every hour since.  It adds up...  He has me on minced chicken and apparently it is going to be minced chicken and minced turkey fer me fer a while.  He says he is checking ta see iffen the fishie stuff was bothering me and if the cubed stuff was too.

Thats OK, I like chicken and turkey, and since I dont chew annything annyway, I dont care iffen its is all minced.  As long as it is FOOD!

Thank you all fer purrin for me.  I KNOW that helped me get through the foodless day and night.  And so far, Im keeping evrything down.

20 comments:

Terri said...

We hope you keep your chicken and turkey down. Fish is too rich for some kitties :(

Brian said...

We are sure happy you are doing better now sweet girl!

The Swiss Cats said...

We're glad to read you're feeling better ! Purrs

Andrea and the Celestial Kitties said...

Poor darling girl! Sending hugs and purrs and hoping you feel better and don't have to go back to the ebil vet! How does TBT think you're going to gain your weight back one spoonful at a time? I think you're going to have to steal his dinner when he's not looking, MOL!
We don't have fishies here because of Leo and let me tell ya, it's hard to find food without it! Most crunchies have at least fish oil, argh! But it makes sense to us that fishies aren't good for kitties, after all, they are dessert creatures. How many fishies do you think they find naturally in the dessert? Of course, they probably don't find cows there either, MOL That might be why so many like chicken, because birds are found there!
Anyway, feel better sweetie!

The Whiskeratti said...

You poor angel, we feel for you. No food !!! But at least you are getting a bit now.

pilch92 15andmeowing said...

You sure did have a tough night without food. I am happy to hear that things are staying down. I will keep praying for you Iza.

Katie Isabella said...

All my love Sweetheart.

modern nomad said...

We are soooo glad you are feeling better!
And you have a great box to play in too...

Noodle and crew

Flynn said...

I am glad you are feeling lots better, but a whole day and night without food! OMC!!!
I had to be starved for 12 hours today because the vampire vet wanted my blood and he said something about a fasting blood sample. He did give me some kibble after which I scarfed down.

Sometimes, Cats Herd You said...

We're glad to hear that you're eating again. That's a long time to go without food. You could have fainted from hunger!

The Island Cats said...

We're so glad you made it through the night. That musta been so hard!

Just Ducky said...

Good news that your foods are staying down!

Megan said...

I'm very pleased to hear that you're on the improve, Iza. I'm sure TBT was very concerned about your health and it must have taken a lot of self-control for him to stop himself from feeding you.

Megan
Sydney, Australia

MeezerMews&FrecklesWoofs said...

Glad to know all the purrs and POTP are doing their job...so that your tummy is feeling better...and finally you get to eat!

Jans Funny Farm said...

Wow, you really were starved near to death. Good thing TBT had a change of heart and fed you before you were totally bones. :) We're glad you are feeling better and keeping food down again.

Summer at sparklecat.com said...

I'm glad you're keeping your food down, Iza! Paws crossed that this continues!

Lone Star Cats said...

Glad you're gettin FOOD again!

Pretinha said...

Iza espero que você esteja se sentindo melhor hoje, e que você volte a comer.
Fico contente que TBT cuide tão bem você.
Estamos enviando ronronas para que você tenha uma recuperação rápida.

Alasandra, The Cats and Dogs said...

Glad to hear you are keeping everything down. We are sorry you were sick and TBT starved you. Healing purrs and love.

KitKat said...

So glad to hear you're feeling better Iza and keeping your food down. Sorry you had to go through that.
Angel Normie, Mika, Sasha & Grady Lewis