Wednesday, February 03, 2016

Worrisome Wensday

IZA:  Im not feelin good today...
In fact, Ive been losing my meals fer 2 days and lost 1.5 pounds since last week!  So Im goin ta the VET this afternoon (2 EST).

TBT thinks I might have a toof infecshun that is makin my tummy sick, or I have a blockage in my tummy.  He says when LC suddenly started losin her meals years ago, she finally horked up a little pom-pom toy.

So he says the VET will look in my mouth and then look inside my tummy.  I sure hope he finds somethin ta fix!  Im really tired from all the tummy troubles...

UPDATE:   Well, I just got home.  The vet couldnt find the problem.  He looked in my mouth an said my teef and gums were normal (apparently TBT just wasnt used ta seeing my gums up close).  The vet also took a picture right through me and said it looked like I had pockets of air in my tummy, but that there was food in my intestines, so he didnt think I had a blockage in my tummy.  So he gave me a anty-biotic shot in case I have a sickie, and he gave me a shot that should settle my tummy down today.

If that doesnt help, I hafta go back Friday fer some more tests.  Mainly ta fill my tummy with thick berry-um that makes fer a better picture.  I dont know WHAT happens after that.

HOWEVER, I CANT HAVE ANNY FOOD OR WATER TIL TOMORROW!  I cant believe it, no food all day, and I hardly kept anny down yesserday either.  I'll STARVE!!!  An I can only have a spoonful evry few hours tomorrow.

21 comments:

Fuzzy Tales said...

Purrs and purrayers from us, Iza. We assume they'd run blood work too...check for hyper-thyroidism?

We'll keep our paws crossed for you!

Brian said...

Oh no. Purrs and prayers from all of us too sweet Iza. We hope you're better super soon sweetie.

Ann Adamus said...

Crossing paws that Dr Vet can figure out what's wrong and that he'll figure it is nothin' too serious ...
Be sure to update us all!

Lone Star Cats said...

Hope da vet can get ya all fixed up!

Quinn and Angel brandi said...

Added to prayerlist.
Also sending lots of ((((hugs))))

Summer at sparklecat.com said...

I'm sending lots of purrs your way, Iza! Tell TBT to keep us posted.

Terri said...

Oh, no! We're sad to hear you are having tummy troubles. We hope the vet finds it's nothing serious and you'll feel better soon :)

Maxwell Faraday Richman said...

oh noes, Iza! We hope all is better with you soon, and that it's something really minor. Purrs!!!

The Whiskeratti said...

Oh we are so sorry to hear this. We too are anxiously awaiting an update.

Megan said...

Thinking of you, Iza and wishing you a speedy return to good health. I'm sure that TBT is quite anxious so paws crossed that tomorrow morning you wake up feeling 100%.

Megan
Sydney, Australia

pilch92 15andmeowing said...

Poor Iza. I am adding you to my prayer list. I hope you feel better soon. That is awful that you can't have any food until tomorrow. I have never heard of cats having to get that stuff in them to make things easier to see. Around here they just do an ultrasound.

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Deep deep purrs for you Iza

The Whiskeratti said...

No food?? You poor angel. But maybe this will help settle your tummy. Pawhugs.

Flynn said...

I am sorry you are not feeling well, Iza and am purring for you. I hope the antibiotic helps you feel better.

Just Ducky said...

Feel better Iza.

Angel Prancer Pie said...

We are sending lots of purrs and purrayers. Seems like several of us have been to that dreaded place this week. Thanks for keeping us updated. We will check back later.
XOXO

The Swiss Cats said...

We send you tons of purrs and hope it's nothing serious. Purrs

KitKat said...

We're purring for you in California Iza. Hope you get better soon.
Angel Normie, Mika, Sasha & Grady Lewis

MeezerMews&FrecklesWoofs said...

Oh, No:(

We have revved up our purr engines to help you feel better, Iza.
And sending lots of pawyers, too.

Get Well, Iza. POTP to you.

Sure hope you do not have to go back to the stabby pawlace...

Katie Isabella said...

I can't wait to hear you are ALLLLL better Iza. xox

Katnip Lounge said...

We hope by now your tummy is behavin'! Hungrumblies are NO FUN.

Mommy says the clock came from Amazon: http://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B008O6SAGS?keywords=digital%20wall%20clock&qid=1454641328&ref_=sr_1_5&sr=8-5