Wednesday, May 04, 2016

I GOT ONE!

MARLEY:  WARNING!  DEDDED PREY PICTURES FOLLOW...

  .
  .
  .
  .
  .

OK, we're among those who unnerstand about us cats catchin stuff?  Good.

*I* GOT AN EVIL SKWERL!!!

No other cat here has ever caught a real live Evil Skwerl!  Not Tinkerbelle, not Skeeter or LC, not Ayla or Iza...

But I DID!  TBT could tell, cuz I was the only one outside at the time.  Ayla and Iza were inside and TBT had looked outside fer me.  I dint come when called.  Then a few minutes later, I was there at the deck door and there was a dedded Evil Skwerl on the mat.  What, ya expected that after an accomplishment like THAT I was gonna leave it out in the yard?

I came sauntering right in, (proud as a Peacat?) the better to get TBT ta go look an let Ayla an Iza go sniff!

We have those large Grey Skwerls, an they are really mean and fast.   This one was too, but I was in the right place at the right time. The pounce was PURRFECT!  I judged where it would jump and I was THERE teeth on neck!
Ayla really loved sniffin it.  When she was younger (before I was around), she came REAL CLOSE ta catching one a couple times.  She chased them right around trees and (TBT says) she got ABOVE one and got a paw on it but it jumped clean off the tree.
Ayla is hoping this is the one that threw a tree twig on her the other day, but there is no knowing.
Iza tried ta claim it as her own (naturally), but TBT and *I* knew better.
Still, imagination is good and we allowed her to think it was hers.  At least she got to play with it and do some prey management practice.
It would be unmancatly ta be too insufferably proud (though I am inside), so I will just let the event speak fer itself.

But, still, inside me I am screaming "I GOT ONE"!!!

I got MY purrsonal reward with LOTS of special attention (and treats) and nappin on TBTs lap, and with a smile on my face...
Oh, BTW, "May The Fourth Be With You"!  MOL!

19 comments:

Angel Prancer Pie said...

Concats, kittehz! We think that skwerl tail would make an excellent toy!

Summer at sparklecat.com said...

Great job, Marley! My human's cat before Sparkle was an amazing hunter - she would catch (and eat) several squirrels every summer when they were living in Silver Lake.

Megan said...

Well the force was definitely with you, wasn't it Marley? I guess I need to say congratulations, although I really don't enjoy seeing those pics. As for Iza? A bit of a sad sack if you ask me! LOL

Megan
Sydney, Australia

MeezerMews&FrecklesWoofs said...

Wowwe!! We sure hope that was the varmint who threw a branch on you, Ayla!

That looks to be a young varmint, But Marley, not to worry, you did a pawsome job!

Andrea and the Celestial Kitties said...

I'm amazed! I didn't think any cat could catch a squirrel unless there was something wrong with it, but you did it! Nice of you to share and I love the smug smile on your face! Bet you were dreaming about the hunt!

Katie Isabella said...

I am TRULY amazed at your prowess Marley. You and mom's Robin, her last indoor outdoor kitty would have been great friends. MOM HERE: She was 6 pounds of Tortie that could and did catch most things out there and brought them in for us to admire. We always opened the door when she knocked until we finally AT LAST learned to look out the window glass first. Usually there was something in her mouth for supper! Evil squirrels, bunnies I am sorry to say, snakes on too many occasions, chipmunks, birdies, you name it...it made it's way at least to the deck. She had to leap 6 feet on the low side of the deck to jump up to it, prey dangling.

Mark's Mews (Ayla, Iza, and Marley) said...

@ Katies Mom: We are good about catching most anything here. Voles, moles, mice, sparrows (TBT does not love them), etc. TBT admires us for our hunting prowess.

The Menagerie Mom said...

Concats, Marley! Being a fan of squirrels - gasp! - I'll admit that I only skimmed through the photos, but I could tell you did a mighty fine job with your hunt. Your lap time and that adorable smile on your face were well earned, Marley.

The Whiskeratti said...

Pawsome! You lived the dream of many, Marley. We know your family is very proud of you.

The Swiss Cats said...

Concatulations, Marley ! What a great catch ! TBT must be so proud of you. Purrs

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

Oh, that makes me sad...I love squirrels. But you are definitely a mighty hunter!

pilch92 15andmeowing said...

Congratulations!!! That is most of impressive.Are you going to mount the head like people do with deer?

Mark's Mews (Ayla, Iza, and Marley) said...

@ 15&Meowing - THAT would have been a GREAT idea, but Iza kinna de-cheeked it after the pictures were taken.

Cara n Crew said...

the picture of Iza pawing the skwerril made us mol for some reason :D you have pawsome hunting skilz, Marley!

pip, smidgen, minnie, hollie, sharpie, ditto

Just Ducky said...

WAY TO GO, Marley!!!! Teleport on over. Mum has way too many sqwerls who like to raid the bird feeders.

Spitty-the-Kitty said...

The Human wouldn't let me look at the pictures cause she gets so queasy and stuff, but we liked the nice picture of you at the end.

And Iza lambie, your picture on the pink & blue little blanky is soooooooo adorable. Looks like there might be room for ME?

Punapippuri said...

That is AWESOME. We got two reds last summer - boy do they scream. And it was Pekka and Me who did it -orange mancats rock! And they were really tasty too. By the way, Äiti rescued the tails and froze them so now they are most excellent toys.
Marley - you are a mighty hunter indeed. Hurrah!

THE ZOO said...

Marley youre sooo tough. Our sissy said we need to be nice to the possums that come in the yard, because they eat ticks. Not that we have them, but still if we did, theyd eat them. I say "kill the possum". Always smiling and trusting the beans. But we have mad respect for you.

Flynn said...

Concats on a great catch, Marley. Skwerls are not easy to catch because they are sneaky and leap into another tree just as you are about to pounce. I have caught a few in my time and my mum is very proud of me.