Thursday, May 12, 2016

More Evil Skwerl

IZA:  Marley has been walking around all proud of finally catchin a Evil Skwerl.  He walks by and quietly says (I caught one and you didn't). an that started ta get me REALLY annoyed.

So guess what *I* did?  I caught one myself.  After I saw one go toward the birdie feeder, I sat by the Tulip Poplar tree it lives in and waited, and waited and waited.  

And FINALLY, it returned to the tree, where I was waiting...  POUNCE! 
 As usual, this is a warning of dedded prey...
.
.
.
.
.
.
OK, I hope that is far enough down.  

I GOT ONE !

I didn't realize it was mostly just patience and positioning.  We are all around it on the deck but *I* caught it and TBT and they all know cuz this time *I* was the only one outside at the time.
I let the others sniff.  Marley was a bit annoyed.
Ayla thanked me fer the sniffs...  She is annoying sometimes, but she is ALWAYS polite.  
We had a GRAND time sniffing...
Ayla got a bit ecited and went looking fer one of her own.  It doesn't werk that way, though.  When ya get ONE, ya gotta wait fer a while fer another ta come along.  
But ya can only admire a catch fer SO long before TBT comes and removes it.  He says they have fleas.  And we don't eat them anyway.  It is just "pest removal" fer us.  Grampa called them "nasty tree rats" and we sort of agree.
They eat our tulip flowers, fer example...  Dig up crocus bulbs.  We don't love them.  But they are eciting to us.  I played with mine fer an HOUR!
Oh Lovely Evil Skwerl, I love having caught you SO much!  I will remember you forever...  

15 comments:

Lone Star Cats said...

Way to go! I'm so jealous, I'd luv to dead a skwerril.

Summer at sparklecat.com said...

I wish I could catch one! I guess it will never happen, though, since I only go outside on a leash.

Megan said...

Oh - poor Marley. This puts his achievement in quite a different context. Nevertheless, I admire you for rising to the challenge and not letting him defeat you. Well done Iza.

Megan
Sydney, Australia

Flynn said...

Concats on catching your evil skwerl, Iza. You are a Mighty Huntress!!
My dad calls them tree rats too.
I asked my mum when I can start blogging again and she said when I let her get some photos of me. She said I am getting like Eric and turning away from the flashy box all the time. She said we will probably be back in about 2 weeks if I am feeling okay.

The Menagerie Mom said...

What a mighty fine hunter you are, Iza!

pilch92 15andmeowing said...

Good job Iza ! Now it is Ayla's turn to catch one.

The Whiskeratti said...

Wow, what fine hunters you are. PS: Mom agrees - tree rats.

The Swiss Cats said...

Well done, Iza ! What a mighty hunter ! Purrs

dezizworld.com said...

ConCats on your prize ketch. But you let it go to waste? OMC me wouold have mommy out there skinnin' and cuttin' it up fur dinner. MOL After a good flea bath dat tail would make a pawsum toy. MOL

Luv ya'

Dezi

kittycaperz said...

You are a good hunter, although I'm really sad for the squirrel. I wish you wouldn't kill any more. (sad face)

Katie Isabella said...

I am VERY proud of you! VERY! xox

Just Ducky said...

Very good, when you run out of sqwerls at your place. I have lots more here.

Team Tabby said...

Good for you Iza! We don't go outside so we have to watch our little red squirrels raid the bird feeder from our window. Good thing we have lots of bird seed to keep the feeder replenished.

Mindy
Moe
Cookie
Mike

Punapippuri said...

That is awesome - Marley will catch many others as that's what we mancats do. Bravo! And yes, our technique is patience,patience and then a mighty leap. Ohhhhh we love that squirrel yell.

And they are sooo tasty.

Cory said...

OMC!! That is so awesome. They are not easy to catch so that means you are very brave and skilled! Well except for the dumb evil squirrel who ran up a tree..changed it's mind and came down right into Grete's mouth. Ooooops!

Purrs,

Cory