Monday, June 13, 2016

Mournful Mealtime Monday

IZA:  Ah c'mon TBT, nothing on yer plate fer us TWO nights in a row?
TBT:  Sorry Iza, tonite was pork with BBQ sauce and mushrooms and onions on noodles.  You wouldn't keep any of that down for 5 minutes!

IZA:  Well, I had to check it out.  Ayla was asking, too.  And sometimes I pay attention to her.

TBT:  Yeah RIGHT that you were asking on Aylas behalf you little liar, LOL!  But I just fed you guys canned Turkey and tossed some kibbles for chasing and eating.

IZA:  Yeah, but I always want MORE!

TBT:  Of course you do.  But you weigh 10.5 pounds and I need to keep you there.  You would weigh 20 pounds if I let you (very gradually) eat all you wanted.  I want you to stay around as long as you can sweet girl...

IZA:  Well, could I have ONE more pound?

TBT:  No...

 ----------------

Ya see what Im up against here?  No mercy fer a hungry Iza...  TBT is totally unrelenting these days!
  ---------------------------------
We are adding to this post to pay our respects to Daddy Cat who just went off to The Bridge.
There have been many very manly cats in our time, but there was never one so mancatly dedicated to his Mommy Cat.  Daddy Cat was Special.  Daddy Cat was UNIQUE.  We will miss him as if he had been one of US in our own house...

Safe Journey, Daddy Cat.  We know that every cat over The Bridge is waiting there to greet you with High Honor among all cats!

13 comments:

Summer at sparklecat.com said...

Wait, wait - my human went to an awards banquet - MY awards banquet - the other night and they had chicken breast (and she doesn't even like chicken breast) and she didn't bring ANY back to the hotel room for me! Now I am a little upset.

Sometimes, Cats Herd You said...

We always ask even when it's food that there's no way we'll be allowed to share, either. Asking doesn't cost anything!

Megan said...

He's a meanie, that TBT. I'd give him a quick nip on the ankle if I were you Iza.

Megan
Sydney, Australia

The Whiskeratti said...

Yeah, he's holding firm isn't he?? We bet if you get creative though....

Mark's Mews (Ayla, Iza, and Marley) said...

@Whiskeratti: Ive been as creative as I can get! I follow him around everywhere meowing my desire for more food every pawstep of the way. Im practically glued to him. I sit next to him very closely when he eats his own food ta indicate my desire for more food fer ME. I eat mine own bowlful fast so that I can push my nose into other bowls.

I even hack up what Ive eaten (when he gives me enough) to show him that I want to eat MORE.

What else can I do? There must be SOMETHING! ~ IZA

Brian said...

Ask and you shall receive didn't work at all.

Andrea and the Celestial Kitties said...

Poor girl! Hope you get a treat or something later!
Psst, try telling TBT you could use that extra pound as a buffer in case you ever get sick and don't want to eat! I've been trying to get a pound on Leo forever, but he hates treats and only nibbles a little canned snack and thinks human food is poison! Wish he had your appetite!

Colehaus Cats said...

We have that conversation at our house ALL THE TIME and we aren't too happy about it either.

Pretinha said...

Iza você precisa de ajuda, tente a técnica do ataque em bando,
todos em cima da mesa ao mesmo tempo, enquanto TBT ficar distraído
você pega comida do prato dele, aqui nunca falha. miauhihihi
Juca

dezizworld.com said...

Nuffin' on da plate fur da cats? What is TBT thinkin'?

Luv ya'

Dezi and Raena

pilch92 15andmeowing said...

Poor Iza, I am sorry TBT is starving you. I was very sad to see that Daddy Cat passed away, I hope Mommy Cat will be OK, she must be devastated.

MeezerMews&FrecklesWoofs said...

Aww, shucks, not even a morsel??

We can send you the noms we don't want to eat...MOL! Well, Minko that is, Pipo is a big beggar, Minko just wants to check all the noms out, but then he stalks off, MOL!

Well,meowmy is glad you are being watched, cause you know its a lot harder to keep it off than to put it on!

Jacqueline said...

Thank you so very much, Mark (TBT) for this sweet post for my Daddy Cat and for your kind comments on my blog...He really was a sweet, devoted partner to Mommy Cat and a loving father to his son, Jax...He was so special to me and my family and his death was devastating to us...You have a big heart, Mark and I am very appreciative of your thoughtfulness and support...Thank you again...Jacqueline Carter from Jacqueline's Cat House