Tuesday, August 09, 2016

Weerd Tuesday

IZA:  OK, first, TBT says I am required ta say that we caught a bunny this morning and I was slightly hungry (none of us can get relly hungry around here - we get 6 mousie-sized meals a day).   And pictures follow.  But there is a question at the end...

I was pretty thrilled.
Nom. Nom...
 Gotta make sure no one else is moving in on my bunny...
 Nom. Nom...
 I did a good job on the haunches. 
 Nom, Nom...
But then I went inside.  Most of the bunny was left fer later.

But we got a real surprise!  After an hour, we went out again, and It...Was... GONE!

Not ta be gross, but there was only the stringy intestines and tail parts that nocat wants.  Not even a HEAD!  Not even TOES!

We are baffled!  None of us saw or heard anything outside.  Even TBT who LIVES at window height and was glancing out through the windows often watchin fer our newest groundhog not saw anything.  SOMETHING ate all my bunny right in the open part of our backyard and none of us knew it...

Anny thoughts?   Kinna close ta the house fer a vulture, we haven't smelled a fox round, no coyotes in the area that we know of, no dogs can get through the fence, a hawk or eagle would have just taken the whole thing away...  A snake would have swallowed the whole thing. 

THAT'S spooky!!!

14 comments:

The Whiskeratti said...

Mom says EWWWW. We say, you go girl! We haz no idea what kind of thief could have made off with your prize.

Summer at sparklecat.com said...

I don't know! I do know that critters can be very stealthy! Heck, I'm pretty stealthy - I can get on the counter and steal food before the humans realize what's going on.

The Swiss Cats said...

Wow ! You caught a bunny ? We're impressed, we don't have bunnies around here. It's incredible that someone succeeded in stealing your bunny. Purrs

Brian said...

YIKES! Sounds like another alien body snatching to me!

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Oh my this is a true mystery.

Flynn said...

First of all, well done on catching your bunny! That is a mystery about what happened to it. It looks like you were enjoying it so you must have been disappointed that it disappeared.

Megan said...

Thanks for the warning about the pics - and thanks to TBT for taking them so that most of the gory bits were hidden in the grass.

Sounds to me like you have a neighbourhood introoder cat living close by! (I suppose blaming vishus deer for stealing the rest of the bun is out of the question?!!)

Megan
Sydney, Australia

pilch92 15andmeowing said...

Maybe a crow? Not sure what else it could be.

Just Ducky said...

It just disappeared? That is weird.

Team Tabby said...

We have no idea either, still a mystery. We would have said coyote, but you don't have any. Our humans saw a coyote just the other night while driving home - it was small and skinny, but was dragging a large white feathered object with chicken like feet, along the road - someone's prize turkey?
Hope no one stole your prize Iza.

Mindy & Mike

Alasandra, The Cats and Dogs said...

Maybe a Ghost.

With Mommy's obsession with fire ants she votes for those, she thinks they are horrible monsters and lives in fear of them.

Socks is the only one of us that has caught a bunny. He caught it when Scylla & Charybdis were little and brought it up to the house for them to play with. The Mom rescued it though.

The Menagerie Mom said...

Around our parts, hawks and even crows have been known to steal prey like that, the little thieves. Just the other day, while on a walk, pup Astrid and I found a perfectly intact rabbit head, except it had no body. Well, good job on your hunt, Iza!

Terri said...

We think it was some type of bird, such as a small hawk or crow. The leftovers just sort of fell off...

Pee Ess: You'd be in so much trouble in this house!

Miss Julie and Mr Izzy said...

This is exactly what I used to find many years ago on my doorstep. Only they were voles and the only thing left was the nose, tail and intestines. I knew it was my beautiful calico cat Tequila. She was a might hunter! She brought live snakes and live blu jay birds right into my apartment if I wasn't looking. One tie she snuck in a partially open window and left a half eaten mouse in my bed while I was at work. But my boyfriend at the time woke up to it on his pillow. I laughed and laughed. He was like a scared little girl. I think an introoder Kitty snuck in and stoled the rest of the bunny for her or him.