Sunday, June 11, 2017

Missed Picture

TBT:  Always keep your camera within reach!  Usually, when I sit down to watch TV in the evening, I make sure to have the camera and all the TV remotes handy.  It's hard to move with a cat on your lap.  Last night, because I had been using the camera to take pictures outside, it wasn't in the usual place and I didn't bother to go get it.

So sad...

Iza, of course, curled up on my lap at once.  But then Ayla hopped up, looked at Iza, and went up to the back of the chair.  Not unusual.  But then she came down, curled up next to Iza, and they actually SNUGGLED together tight as 2 kittens.

And I couldn't take a picture of them!  And it wasn't just 1 picture I missed getting, it was several.  They moved around some.  Sometimes Iza's head was on Ayla, sometimes Ayla's head was on Iza, and sometimes their paws were entwined.

It lasted about 30 minutes until Ayla finally stood up, shook her head, and hopped down.  I have no idea what caused the snuggling.  I hope it happens again sometime soon when I have the camera at hand!

13 comments:

Summer at sparklecat.com said...

I think they did that on PURPOSE! You weren't able to take photos, so... no pictures, no proof. MOL!

The Whiskeratti said...

Those would have been great pictures! It happens here too.

Cara n Crew said...

we were gonna say the same as Summer :) our mom pretty much always has the flashy box with her for the reason you describe :)

pip, smidgen, minnie, hollie, sharpie, ditto, TL

Mickey's Musings said...

Mum knows the frustration of not having the camera close at hand too ;)
MOL at Summer's comment.

Purrs Georgia,Julie and JJ

modern nomad said...

Missed opportunities.
Are you sure they didn't plan the whole 'kitten caboodle'?

Cats are cunning creatures...

Noodle and crew

pilch92 15andmeowing said...

I swear they know when we don't have a camera handy.

Brian said...

Yep, the best opportunities are sometimes camera free here too.

Just Ducky said...

Nope, they know if you have the flashy box handy they won't be together.

Megan said...

Yep - Summer nailed it. Perhaps it was just a dream you had TBT!

Megan
Sydney, Australia

The Menagerie Mom said...

I know exactly what you mean. I keep meaning to get a photo or video of Thimble having a "conversation" with her favorite closet door. But, every time she does it, I've got the camera hidden somewhere across the house, and by the time I return with it, she's through with her little closet door chat. Well, anyway, I can picture how precious that snuggle between Iza and Ayla was!

Louche Tabby said...

I don't believe you. *winks*

Maxwell Faraday Richman said...

MOL at Summer's comment! Sometimes we do something cute and then totally stop at the first sign of a camera, too!

MeezerMews&FrecklesWoofs said...

Camera seem to bring out the 'not going to let you have a picture' in us...so they must have sensed that!
Petcretary often is heard to grumble about lost moments...she says she wishes she had a camera in her fingertip! Invisible to kitties and always ready! MOL!