Monday, September 04, 2017

Mayhem Monday

IZA:  Does anny other kitty eat BREAD?  A week ago, TBT woke up to find his wrapped bread on the floor, all chewied up!
He was sure it wasn't me cuz I cant jump up to the kitchen counter, and even when the dishwasher door is down (which it usually is), he has never seen me up there. 

Marley will get up there iffen TBT forgets ta put a cover on a half-used can of our food.  Ayla can get up, but doesnt.  So he figured it was Marley.

Now, this is no ordinary bread.  TBT makes it hisself.  He uses beer instead of water, and adds a tablespoon of oregano with a tsp each of garlic powder and onion powder.  Sometimes he even adds red pepper flakes.  He isnt a whole-wheat guy but neither is he a Wonder Bread guy.  When is is invited to family dinners, they always beg him to bring a couple loafs of his bread.

And that isnt just a slice in the picture.  Its a whole half loaf with all the crust chewed off.    So he was both surprised and annoyed, but he had another 1/2 loaf in the freezer (keeps wonderfully, frozen, he says).

He decided it was one of those weerd events in life.  A "one-off".  After all, he has been keeping bread on the counter all our lives here with no problems.

But then it happened to the 2nd half loaf a couple nights ago (he only keeps a half loaf out because he doesn't eat all that much bread and it goes stale after a week).  So he baked a new loaf...

Have I mentioned recently that TBT has me on a D-I-E-T?

Yeah, it was me...  I've lost a 1/2 pound in the past year.  And guess what THAT allows me ta do?  I can "just" jump onto the kitchen counter.  I made the mistake of doing it while he was preparing some food.  I just wanted to watch, but I also pawed at the bread wrapping...

Image result for idea bulb gif
Sudden comprehension struck him...  Hey, he's a Bein, he's a bit slow-witted, I unnerstand that.  I use that ta my advantage whenever possible of course, but sometimes he catches on to things.

But OOPS...  I got whapped off the counter (TBT:  A surprise finger-flip on the flank, Iza, never anything more; you know that), got the whole BAD GIRL speech, and told never to do that again.  I was up again in 10 minutes.

That time, he stared at me fer a few seconds.  One good thing (among many) I will say about him, he accepts the inevitable:  1st, Im hungry.  2nd, I sort of like his bread.  3rd, I'll go get what I can when Im hungry...

The good news is that he accepts situations well.  The great news is that off my D-I-E-T!  The bad news is that he is keeping his bread out of my reach.  Who would have thought the M/V oven could be a storage space?  I have about as much chance of getting into THAT as a woodpecker does of getting into a bank vault. 

I dont think I will be getting at much bread in the future, but I'd rather have canned food annyway.



20 comments:

Mickey's Musings said...

Way to go Iza!
Mum uses the m/v oven for storage too ;)
That's one way to get off the dreaded diet. MOL!
Purrs Georgia,Julie and JJ

Brian said...

If there is bread then it's self service! My Sister Zoe will go after any bread the peeps leave out!

Megan said...

Oooh aah. Naughty! I'm glad for TBT's sake that he figured out who the culprit was.

Megan
Sydney, Australia

pilch92 15andmeowing said...

That was a good find Iza. Glad you are off your diet. I think he wants to fatten you up so you can't jump on the counter :)

Mr Puddy said...

Talking about diet, You are off but I am in.....Blar! I went to see the VET today. Forgot to suck my belly in. Then the evil scale just announced ' 8.15 kg. or 17.9 pound " That's it ! The end of happy life, happy eating!
Remind me again, why we kitties have to see the VET ?

Mark's Mews (Ayla, Iza, and Marley) said...

To have our butt temperature checked?

Laila and Minchie said...

We don't like bread, but would be willing to try a sample. Our mom sure would eat it!

Katie Isabella said...

TBT's bread sounds awful good. Does he use a beard machine? I may try his varied too...or mommy will. Then, *I* will.

Mark's Mews (Ayla, Iza, and Marley) said...

He uses a machine the same reason he uses a lawn mower. The manual options are SO TEDIOUS.

Tell Mom to use bread machine flour though. TBT says the the AP stuff goes too thin. Not enough proteins...

Colehaus Cats said...

Our Mom uses our microwave oven for storage because certain unnamed kitties namely Quint and Tessa will eat anything left on the counter. But wouldn't it be funny if really, your dad was actually the guilty party here?? MOL!

The Menagerie Mom said...

We don't blame you for stealing that bread, Iza. It looks scrumptious! We are sorry that you were found guilty. But, woohoo for no more D-I-E-T! Us kitties around here love to steal things from the counters, too. But, we so far are pretty good at making sure that our human can't figure out the culprit. All she knows for sure is that it's not Evan. Poor lady, she's just not all that sharp. Purrs, and Happy Labor Day!

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

We would have gotten into that bread too!

The Whiskeratti said...

You are THE GIRL! You win! Great job.

Summer at sparklecat.com said...

Iza, I am impressed - both by your newfound counter prowess and by TBT's bread! In fact, my human wants to know the recipe (for the bread that is. She has no intention of starting to jump on the counters).

Pretinha said...

Esse pão me deixou com água na boca!
Iza amei a tua pose, muito fofa!
Cafunés !!

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

I can't blame you Iza. If I lived nearby I think I would be inviting myself around to sample TBT's delicious sounding bread.

Mickey's Musings said...

Es again :)
WE for got to mention the mum giggled at your comment about her going to the Cesarean Section!
MOL!!
Purrs Georgia,Julie and JJ

Mary McNeil said...

That bread sounds great, though some of the ingredients aren't that good for kitties. But when you are on a diet...

Two of my angel Mancats, Leo & Benni, would attack any bread they could get. They might even pull it out of the fridge if I spent too much time with the door open browsing.

Just Ducky said...

The only good thing about bread is the butter that goes on it! I loves butter.

MeezerMews&FrecklesWoofs said...

You do our Angel Groucho proud, Iza! He pulled that 'open the bag and chew as much as you can at night', too...until petcretary put 2 & 2 together. MOL! Then the evfur handy microwave had another use here too:)
Somehow we are not that interested in the counter, cause she once put baking plates all along the edge...all the clatter turned us off of trying again! MOL!