AYLA: We are allus anxious ta get outside each day ta discover what happened overnight. Sometimes there are cool things like birdicides against the deck door, new piles of leaves, and smells of OTHER ANIMALS.
Well, we sure dint expect what we found THIS morning! 3/4 of a doughnut with sprinkles...
TBT figured that some scavenger had brought it up on the deck and left it in trade fer the dedded cardinal we left there. But then we noticed the dedded cardinal was still there (moved a bit but uneaten). And MORE weerd, there was a 2ND half-eaten doughnut on the deck. There was more than one whole donut!
So we thought about that fer a bit. And none of us had any good ideas. Even TBT was baffled. So we all decided ta have a brain thunder [TBT: That's a "brainstorm", Ayla] Oh thunder, storm, WHATevers... Annywhosits, we concluded:
1. Donut-munchin Beins had been looking in our deck door and got scared off when we entered the room but dint see them.
2. A donut-loving raccoon (or somethin) had come by and dropped his donut when he saw the dedded birdie but decided he dint want either of them [TBT: Ayla, that only explains one donut].
3. Argg. OK TWO raccoons came by (or one with 2 donuts - this is getting complexicated).
4. The dedded birdy was frozen to death and some friends brought sprinkles and they were all stuck to donuts (the sprinkles, not the friend). [TBT: Ayla, the Northern Cardinal can't carry a half a donut]
5. Argh, maybe several of his friends helped. WILL you shut UP TBT!? I'm trying to solve a mystery here.
6. The raccoon (or whatever) brought a friend and they BOTH had more than a half a donut with them.
7. The donuts were left there by a neighboring cat ta confoose us (that MY best theory so far).
8. Yogi Bear had a sloppy picinic on our deck.
9. Santa was making a trial run and was bulking up on donuts and got sloppy right over our house.
10. Dunkin Donuts was testing out a new delivery drone and there was a delivery failure.
11. The Moon poops donuts and this was the first time one (two) landed HERE!
12. TBT is funnin us [TBT: Nope, haven't eaten or bought a donut in a decade and sure not with pink icing and sprinkles].
13. We were "TP'd by some donut pranksters.
14. Something we havent thought of yet. Thats the lame idea of all the others here. (see MY idea #7)
Anny thoughts from the Cat Blogosphere?
A whole Raccoon family ??!!ReplyDelete
I call raccoons... raccoons that don't like donuts much, otherwise they would have eaten them all.ReplyDelete
Think one of them beins just threw it into your yard?ReplyDelete
Well, I'm voting for the thought that it's been left by an unhappy critter who found it in someone's garbage and ran off with it (to your deck) expecting to settle in for a feast only to (i) discover that it wasn't very nice to eat after all or (ii) be interrupted by something that scared them. But who is this critter? What kind of critter are they? It's a real puzzle, isn't it? They do not seem to be carnivorous - otherwise they wouldn't have been attracted to the donut in the first place and they would have swapped it for the birdie. Hmmmm. Perhaps you could get a closed-circuit camera installed and see what happens on your deck overnight?ReplyDelete
PS. It was a terrific brain thunder. Well done.
That is a mystery! Do you think the two halves could be the same donut? It would only take one raccoon then. Maybe he was settling in to eat it and it tasted yucky because some marauding critter had peed on it.ReplyDelete
Maybe the police were there!ReplyDelete
I like Number 11. It will be interesting to hear the real answer - if you ever find out.ReplyDelete
Well, that's really strange. We think it musta been some critter like a racoon that left it there. It's gonna come back tonight looking for its donut!ReplyDelete
Intruders, ya'll gots intruders at your deck...maybe it was supposed to be noms fur the dedded burd.ReplyDelete
Tree rats might be the culprit? (Squirrel dudes)
Oh well, the catretary needs to rest her spinning head...TMI here, MOL!!
That's a mystery ! But we love the idea #11 ! PurrsReplyDelete
Uh, we vote for TBT pulling your collective legs! MOL!ReplyDelete